Views
Helpful
Replies

H.320 videoconferencing --> PBX --> E1 QSIG --> Cisco gateway

pat.mar.paj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all.

I have the following VoIP architecture: I have two sites with a PABX in each of them. The PABX is connected to a E1 interface on a Cisco gateway, using QSIG protocol. The Cisco gateway sends voice calls (RTP) through an IP network to the other Cisco gateway, and this passes the packets to the remote PABX.

Additionally, there is videoconference equipment in each site. The videoconference connects to a BRI interface on the PABX, using H.320. The videoconference is configured to establish a rate of 64 kbps for the data packets.

I would like to know how I have to configure the Cisco gateway (E1 interface, dial-peers for the videoconference numbers, etc.) to maintain the voice call routing functionality on the Cisco gateways and to pass the videoconference data transparently through the Cisco gateways.

Thank you very much.

4 Replies 4

Marwan ALshawi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

u can configure it as any voice call dialpeer

lets say the vedio confrence number is 555

dial-peer voice 9 pots

destination-pattren 555

port[bri port]

for remote site lets say the number 777

dial-peer voice 91 voip

destination-pattren 777

session target ipv4:[remote router ip]

and the same idea on the remote router

is that what u look for ?

No, that's not what I am looking for. I know the basic of how dial-peers work and how to configure a serial interface of an E1 interface. What I want to know if I need some 'special' commands to permit that videoconferencing packets pass the VoIP infrastructure transparently.

I have one configuration that I'm going to attach to the post. I need to confirm that it is OK for my environment. Some things that I want to know are:

- Can the command "isdn incoming-voice voice" affect the videoconferencing stream?

- Do I need to specify the codec clear-channel in the dial-peer? Will this codec be used by default? Is it not neccesary?

Thank you very much.

Hi Patricia!

You need IOS 12.4(11)T or more for video support. View the link www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/ios/12_4t/12_4t11/h320gw.html.

I'm testing this feature with these scenarios:

7960+CUVA or 7985 > CCM > ISR GW 2811 > ISDN > Polycom VSSP384

7960+CUVA or 7985 > CCM > ISR GW 2811 > ISDN > IPVC GW 3527

Regards!

Thank you very much for your answer, but this is not exactly my environment:

. The videoconferencing system is connected to a PABX. They use H.320 to communicate.

. Then, the PABX is connected to a E1 interface on a Cisco gateway. They use QSIG to communicate.

. The Cisco gateway pass the IP traffic (voice and video from the PABX) to other Cisco gateway.

. At the other side, we have another PABX (QSIG to the Cisco gateway) and another videoconferencing system (H.320 to the PABX).

Then, the videoconferencing system is not H.323 and it is not connected directly to the Cisco gateway.

I haven't be able to read the article, yet. I will read it as soon as possible.

Best regards,

Best regards,

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: