Views
Helpful
Replies

H.323 call issue with Cisco SX 20

santoshshinde88
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We are using Cisco SX 20 having firmware ver CE 8.3.4. We are facing issue with H.323 calls.

When we are dialing to Cisco bridge (dialing string......  Bridge IP##conference ID ) but it did not work even same tried with Polycom MCU the call got disconnected automatically.

But when we are dialing only bridge IP then it is asking for conference ID using the DTMF we are able to put the conf ID and the call got connected on Cisco MCU.

Here the question is why the dialing string ...BRIDGE IP ## CONF ID is not working.

The 2nd question is --

When we are dialing from Polycom RMX as a SIP call (SX 20 is not registered on any CUCM /third party server) the call got connected. But not able to dial out SIP & H.323 call to Polycom RMX.

We have given SX 20 ip to Polycom real presence desktop and checked the call and it works on Cisco MCU and Polycom RMX.

In Cisco SX 20 We have enable the H.323 setting and disable the NAT (we are doing the call in private network)

Could someone help us here...

4 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

## is standard to Polycom, and it won't work with Cisco products, they won't recognize it and don't know what to do when it receives it.

Cisco endpoints will need to dial using alias@domain or alias@IP.

View solution in original post

Ammar Saood
Spotlight
Spotlight

as Patrick mentioned, ## is a standard to Polycom it wont work with Cisco and even Cisco devices don't recognize such pattern. 

you can add VCS or Expressway C to translate ## into the strings that Polycom RMX accepts.

for 2nd Q.

enable sip listen port in sip settings in sx20. usually it is disabled and try IP dialing to standalone sx20.

for 3rd Q. why sx20 is not dialing out.

sx20 doesnt understand such ## patern. you should dial IP of RMX and then the call ID.

HTH

AMMAR 

please rate and mark answered if helpful.

Try dialing alias@domain or alias@rmx_ip.

you should hit IVR of RMX when dialing IP address.check the following.

1. Check if IVR service is enabled on RMX. as i know polycom has separate IVR service per conference. check if conference is enabled to use IVR service.

2. Check H323 and SIP services are enabled on RMX under IP & Network Type.

3. H323 mode on Sx20 should be direct. do upgrade it to the latest SW release.

4. when you Dial out from RMX to SX20, does it work ?

5. Dial conf_ID@RMX_IP  from SX20.

HTH

AMMAR 

10 Replies 10

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

## is standard to Polycom, and it won't work with Cisco products, they won't recognize it and don't know what to do when it receives it.

Cisco endpoints will need to dial using alias@domain or alias@IP.

Hello Patrick,

Thanks for your help, I will try it on Cisco MCU.

But when I am dialing the  RMX IP without conf ID still it is not connecting.It is showing NETWORK REJECTED. Is there any specific port need to open between SX 20 and RMX ?

Try dialing alias@domain or alias@rmx_ip.

you should hit IVR of RMX when dialing IP address.check the following.

1. Check if IVR service is enabled on RMX. as i know polycom has separate IVR service per conference. check if conference is enabled to use IVR service.

2. Check H323 and SIP services are enabled on RMX under IP & Network Type.

3. H323 mode on Sx20 should be direct. do upgrade it to the latest SW release.

4. when you Dial out from RMX to SX20, does it work ?

5. Dial conf_ID@RMX_IP  from SX20.

HTH

AMMAR 

Thanks for your help, the issue got resolved.

Ammar Saood
Spotlight
Spotlight

as Patrick mentioned, ## is a standard to Polycom it wont work with Cisco and even Cisco devices don't recognize such pattern. 

you can add VCS or Expressway C to translate ## into the strings that Polycom RMX accepts.

for 2nd Q.

enable sip listen port in sip settings in sx20. usually it is disabled and try IP dialing to standalone sx20.

for 3rd Q. why sx20 is not dialing out.

sx20 doesnt understand such ## patern. you should dial IP of RMX and then the call ID.

HTH

AMMAR 

please rate and mark answered if helpful.

Hello Ammar,

Thank you for your help, I will try it and let you know.

Thanks for your help, the issue got resolved.

Hi,

In order to placed H.323 calls to IP address, you can set call setup mode to Direct.

For SIP dial out, change default transport to UDP (not a Cisco recommended method of dialling).

Thanks,

Amlesh

Hello, try BridgeID##@IPMCUPolycom , that worked for me.