Views
Helpful
Replies

H.350 Phonebook

Paul Woelfel
Level 4
Level 4

Hi

I am trying to install an AD LDS H.350 Phonebook. I can connect to the LDAP database, but the Phonebook shows no contacts.

I created a new AD LDS instance, which runs on port 30389 and created some OUs and and ldap user, which has read access. I added the commObject, H.323 and SIPIdentity to the schema. The H.235 schema could not be added. I assigned the H323Identity and SIP IdentityURI as auxilary class for Person and commObject.

I created a normal Person and a commObject, both with H323IdentityH323Id and SIPIdentityURI set, but none of them appears as contacts in the TMS Phonebook.

I want to use the H.350 Phonebook as a central phonebook for Cisco Systems and the legacy Lifesize Systems.

What attributes or objectclasses must be added to the User to show it as valid contact?

BR, Paul

Regards, Paul
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have only set this up using openLDAP. Does it have to be ad lds? If so i have to set this up and test it which can take some time.

/Magnus

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPhone App

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

I have only set this up using openLDAP. Does it have to be ad lds? If so i have to set this up and test it which can take some time.

/Magnus

It was our first try and we could also use the AD credentials and groups to authenticate users.

So our basic configuration steps should be fine and the contacts would only require the H323IdentityH323Id or SIPIdentityURI set?

Regards, Paul

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You need the commobject schema as well. Which schemas did you add?

/Magnus

commObject, H323Identity, SIPIdentityURI

I also created a commObject with H323IdentityH323Id and SIPIdentityURI set, which was not shown under contacts.

Regards, Paul

Hi Magnus,

I have now installed a OpenLDAP Server, added the OpenLDAP schema extensions and created some accounts. Now TMS is able to find the accounts and show it in the phonebook.

It seems, like there is a issue with ADLDS or the schema extensions for AD.

Thanks!

Regards, Paul

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hey Paul

I was going to come back to you. I tried with ad lds today and i did not get it to work ( yet, just need some more time). I'll let you know.

OpenLDAP works fine. Glad you got it to work.

Hmm, I think I was to fast saying everythin works fine:

I can see the contacts in the Phonebook Source, but after connecting the source in a phonebook, there are no entries.

If I try to update the Phonebook Source in the phonebook, I receive a notification, that the update failed:

14:47:28,326 [Event91] ERROR Tandberg.TMS.Service.PhoneBook.PhoneBookSourceEventHandler -  System.DirectoryServices.DirectoryServicesCOMException (0x8007202C): The server does not support the requested critical extension.     at System.DirectoryServices.SearchResultCollection.ResultsEnumerator.MoveNext()    at Tandberg.TMS.Service.ExternalDirectories.ExternalDirectoryLDAP.d__a.MoveNext()    at Tandberg.TMS.Service.PhoneBook.PhoneBookService.PhoneBookSourceImport(PhoneBookSource phoneBookSource, IExternalDirectory dir)    at Tandberg.TMS.Service.PhoneBook.PhoneBookService.SyncTMSAndPhoneBookSource(PhoneBookSourceId phoneBookSourceId)    at Tandberg.TMS.Service.PhoneBook.PhoneBookSourceEventHandler.ImportAndExportPhoneBookSources(PhoneBookSourceId pbSourceIdParam, String externalSourceName, BackgroundEventBase backgroundEvent) 14:47:28,342 [Event91] WARN  Tandberg.TMS.Service.BackgroundEvent.BackgroundEventObject - Could not send failure email for background event: 91

The Email contains the following Error Message:

10.01.2013 14:32 - Event Created

10.01.2013 14:32 - Event executed by ATSW-TMS01

10.01.2013 14:32 - Phonebook source OpenLDAP Spar synchronizing

10.01.2013 14:32 - Communication error. Could not sync phonebook source with id 8 and name OpenLDAP.

10.01.2013 14:32 - The event failed to complete. Details: Communication error. Could not sync phonebook source with id 8 and name OpenLDAP.

Regards, Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: