cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

h323 clent with gatekeeper

biao.jiang
Level 1
Level 1

I am using Netmeeting as a h.323 client through an IOS gatekeeper. I could call the Netmeeting from IP phone, but I couldn't call IP phone from Netmeeting. I got message from Netmeeting "The other party did not accepte your call". From the Callmanager 4.1, when I added this h323 client to it, it showed the status was unknown, and the IP address was the Callmanager's IP address, it that correct?

4 Replies 4

ebreniz
Level 6
Level 6

I hope its not oneway Audio. You are not able to connect, right ? I think its the issue with registration. See when you are terminating a call you dont need to register to the GK, But at the same time when you are orginating the traffic, you are supposed to register.

I think that is what happening here. When you make a call from your Net meeting, since its registerd, the call will go through & when time comes for Ip Phone to orginate a call, its not registered, it will come up with Unknown EP.

Just see the Current EP registry , If its registered or not. check the IP with whcih it is registered.

Cheers

Prashanth

mail@psylvester.net

venkekri
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Its a registration issue. Its not a codec issue.

As far as status unknown is concerned, the callmanager will always show status unknown for H.323 endpoint. So that is fine.

Do a show gatekeeper endpoint to verify if the netmeeting is registered to the gatekeeper or not.

i have faced a issue with TTL. So would be a good idea to check the below link.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/tech/tk1077/technologies_tech_note09186a00800c5fca.shtml

Also you can go a step forward and log into the gatekeeper and debug it.

debug h225 asn1 / debug ras should be able to show all registration related issue.

let me know if the above information is helpful.

Regards

Venky

if its TTL getting expired, then surely it will work before TTL getting expired. See, Lets say when TTL is set to 200, before it comes to 0, it shud work.

But Hope this is not the case here, It wasnt working in the first place.

Its registration issue, provide more details, so that we can give you a better Idea.

Unknown EP is, in the system's DB -the IP is not there.

When the GK querries for the particular IP, it returns NULL. Thats what its happening. So do a workaroud.

Note: I havnt worked with call manager, Im just giving a vauge idea about h323 GK.

Cheers

p sylvester

mail@psylvester.net

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: