Views
Helpful
Replies

Handset not auto pairing about codec boot

Tim Cappel
Level 5
Level 5

Hello,

After a power outage or even just a normal reboot of the codec, the handset is not auto pairing witht the system.  We have a variety of units (MX, SX, C) and all seem to have this problem.  Sometimes it will find the IP of the unit but you still have to put in the username and password of the codec to connect.  Other times it won't even find the IP and you have to enter it in manually.  I understand that the handsets are seperately connected to the network so I was thinking that that might have something to do with it.  Has anyone had this issue?

Thank you

Tim

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Tim.

What software version are you running on your devices?

I know there have been issues experienced after loss of network with receiving H.323 calls on TC series software based codecs - perhaps these similar issues are affecting the network connectivity for the pairing of the touch panels as well.

It could be interesting to see if the fix in the latest firmware (TC7.0.2) for the loss of network connectivity issue assists with your touchpanel issues.  Are you able to upgrade one or more of your devices to TC7.0.2 to see if that helps?

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

dwighthicks
Level 1
Level 1

I experienced this problem of the handset (touch screen) not pairing after updating the firmware on 3 EX90s, I finally had a thought that it is just out of sync. So, I restarted the units from the web interface and immediately unplugged the touch screen from the back of the codec.  After the unit shutdown, I reconnected the touch screen.  This resolved the issue 3 out of 3 times.

Hope this helps someone!