cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Has anyone upgraded to TMS 15.0 ? we are running 14.6.1

juriss
Level 1
Level 1

We are running 14.6.1 and managing about 800 endpoints...

We are wondering if anyone has  already upgraded to TMS 15 and how it went 

Thanks

15 Replies 15

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I'm running TMS 15, upgraded from 14.6.2 with no issues, but we have less than 100 endpoints.

Did you see any performance improvements?

Hey Patrick, I'm assuming you didn't hit this bug CSCuv48311? "Database fails when upgrading TMS from 14.6.2 to 15.0"

Has anyone hit the other bug in TMS 15 cscuv40676 "TMS Portal throws exception when viewing systems in Navigator"?

I have an environment down on 14.3.2 that I would like to get to TMS 15, but the above bug is not a desirable result.

Jason

I never faced any database issue upgrading, but I've recently found out that I couldn't access certain endpoints in Systems Navigator and opened a TAC case on it last week.  They haven't assigned the case a bug yet, but from the description of CSCuv40676, that matches the issue I'm facing.

Hey Patrick, does the workaround work, have you tried?

"- Disable the use of automatic system update checks and restrict the use of manual update checks, and then manually purge contract status for all devices with the tmsng database."?

Jason

No, I haven't tried it, and the bug doesn't even list the details of what table in the database the contract status is stored in.  I've skimmed through the database on my lab TMS and didn't see anything that mentions contract status in any of the tables, though I could have easily missed it.

I cannot find anything in the tables either after looking at my database. Is there any trend in the endpoints suffering the issue? I would be interested to see what TAC say for the case you opened.

Jason

Just to confirm also do you have systems in TMS without the contract details and expiry which you can open per normal. The environment I need to upgrade actually doesn't allow outbound web access, so none of the devices have the details which seem to cause the issue. :)

I have two TMS instances, one is production that has internet access and the other is a lab that doesn't have internet access.  Production obviously has the issue noted in the bug, while lab has no issues that I can tell.  I did receive the SQL query that needs to be run on the tmsng database and have confirmed that my issue has been resolved after running it on the production TMS.

SQL query:

DELETE FROM [tmsng].[dbo].[field_SystemField]
WHERE [field_Field_Id] = '1057' OR [field_Field_Id] = '1058'

Awesome thanks for the information Patrick :)

Jason

That matches the query I was given to fix my TMS 15 server following an upgrade from TMS 14.5 where I was getting the CSCuv40676 bug.

Note: As mentioned above also need to disable automatic update checks, and remember not to do a check manually, as that'll break that device in TMS again, requiring the database hack again to return it to normal.  Downside is that no service contract status is available, nor any warning about devices that may have expiring contracts (good thing I track all of this externally to TMS as well as using TMS to track it).

On a positive note, TMS 15 has fixed an annoying issue I had before and have been working with TAC on for almost 12 months where TMS 14.x would lose connectivity ("Incorrect Authentication Information" error) to devices at random times of the day, although I still have other issues (such as CSCus09517) which are not yet fixed.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thanks for the info Wayne.

That does it for me; I'll be holding off upgrading until that bug has been fixed - I can live with the occasional authentication information error as I'm only seeing this very occasionally with the old TANDBERG Gateways and MPS800.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

The CSCuv40676 bug has been listed as fixed in TMS 15.0.1.

I've performed this upgrade this evening and can confirm that things now work properly again.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I upgrade about two weeks ago, and forgot to enable the automatic update checks until now, everything seems to be working without issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: