Views
Helpful
Replies

Having trouble Connecting Polycom VSX to C series codecs through VCS

sheryl.brown
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Our network is replacing all polycom codecs with Cisco C series. I noticed I have a problem connecting when dialing from a C40,Cc60 to a polycom VSX 8000,VSX 7000e some of the older polycoms. I have polycoms registered to VCS. With the  polycom gatekeeper function ON , the NAT feature has to be turned off in order to recieve calls from the C40, C60. This is a problem because if another polycom tries to reach that codec with NAT off it won't connect. I would like to keep the NAT feature ON with the Polycom when accepting call form C40, C20. Is this a problem the VCS can correct? Is there a string I can use in the Tandberg calling format? I know old polycoms to Tanberg string -IP address ##1234.

thanks in advance

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If all your devices are correctly registered to the VCS, then they should not be dialing each other via IP addresses - you should use the address you register them to the VCS with (ie, the H.323 ID or SIP URI).  This should solve your dialing NAT address issues.

The Polycom specific <IP>##1234 format is peculiar to Polycoms.  In the real world, H.323 Annex O URIs are used, so that Polycom example would become 1234@IPAddress.

EDIT: Apologies for dragging up an old thread - i didn't notice the sort order on the forums had changes and was showing ancient threads again.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: