Views
Helpful
Replies

Help Upgrading EX60 From Command Line

ACOMS SCMA
Level 1
Level 1

Greetings All,

We mistakenly updated a unit from TC3.0 to TC5.0 without first inputting a release key.  Currently the devcis is out of warranty contract and I cannot get a TC5.0 key for it.  I would like to revert the device back to TC3.0 from the command line.  The device is not responding via GUI and I will need to do this via the command line. 

Thanks in Advance!

Wallace                  

9 Replies 9

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hello Wallace -

You're in luck, you can upgrade to TC6.1 for free, take a look at the following security advisory.

http://tools.cisco.com/security/center/content/CiscoSecurityAdvisory/cisco-sa-20130619-tpc

Patrick,

I am not sure how that helps me.  I still cannot uprade through the web GUI, and I still need to know how to do it through the command line interface.  Thanks for pointing this out to me, but I still need someone to walk me through the commands.

I was simply mentioning it so you could go forward in regards to software version without an active contract, and have a valid release key for it too, since that is your current delima.

To revert back to the previous software version, you'll need root access to the device.  Take a look at the following guide, bottome of page 18, https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-15643.

What happens when you try to upgrade through the web GUI, running a new software version without a valid release key shouldn't lock you out from accessing the codec's website?

In that guide a few pages further you'll find a way to upload a new software version, such as TC6.1, and adding a valid release key via CLI too, if you choose to go that route as well.

Hi Patrick,

I have EX60 and it is stucked on boot, orange light is blinking, i have tried to take CLI via console but i am even unable take CLI, can you please help.

If the EX60 won't boot, and you're not able to get into the CLI, you could try connecting via serial.  You'll have to create a serial cable using one of the below methods and try to access the CLI that way:

EX90: Making a Console Cable and Consoling In

TelePresence EX/MX Console Cable Creation with a CA-42 USB Data Cable

Hi Patrick,

I have a standard console cable can it work?

The cable needs to be a DSUB to RJ45, and I believe it needs to be a specific type in order to work with the endpoint, check the above links for reference.

I have a standard console cable can it work?

No, a standard console cable will not work as the port on the EX is a TTL port, not a standard RS-232 Serial Port.  You will need to make our buy the special adaptor.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Acoms,

try this

if you are able to login to the codec via CLI, then first enable root login by : systmetools root settings on

session will close, re-login with user: root

type the command : selectsw

this will show two software image, one active and other non active.

type selectsw image ( non active)

then type reboot  to start device with old version.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: