Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

High-Definition for SX10 with CUCM, Conductor and telepresence server

Hi,

I have installed a telepresence solution with SX10 registered to CUCM and conference bridge ad hoc configured on telepresence server and conductor.

I have configured a SIP Trunk to ad hoc conference in conductor.

I try to make a video conference but the quality is too bad and i have set the quality content to HD.

Someone have some ideas for this problem?

Thanks!

8 Replies 8

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Can you tell us what exactly the issues are, resolution, pixilation, etc?

What software versions are you running on Conductor, TelePresence Server, SX10, etc?

Is this a hardware or virtual TelePresence Server, if virtual, does it have enough resources assigned to it?

Hi Patrick,

The issue is with resolution.

The SX10 software version is ce 8.2.1 Final e9daf06 2016-06-28

The Telepresence Server version is 4.4(1.16)

The Conductor version is XC4.2

Telepresence server is virtual.

Can you tell us what call rate you're using for the conference?

The SX10 Data Sheet recommends 768 kbps minimum for 720p video.

The optimal definition profile settings can be a factor as well, the SX10 admin guide doesn't contain a graph that displays the expected resolution based on call rate, but you can take a look at the SX20 CE8.2 Admin Guide on pg 43 for reference.  Note the values in the graph for the SX20 might be different than those used with the SX10.

Hi Patrick,

The call rate that SX10 use is 320 kbps for a conference.

Try increasing the call rate, if you want to have HD calls, you need minimum 768 kbps to get 720p.

320 kbps is nowhere near enough to get a 720p image.  As mentioned earlier by [@patrick.sparkman], and in the guide linked earlier, you need an optimal definition profile of medium and a call rate of at least 768 kbps to get 720p30.  If you want 720p60, I'd recommend that you have at least 2.5 Mbps.

With a call rate as low as 320 kbps, you can only really expect to get a 640x360 (or somewhere around that) image.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

How is your endpoint, TelePresence Server and site configured in your CUCM, are there any bandwidth limitations set that would be affecting the call quality?

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi Wayne,

There is no bandwidth limitations on CUCM.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: