Views
Helpful
Replies

Host role and Guest role in cms 3.4.1

collinks2
Level 5
Level 5

Hello Everyone,

I set  up cmm 3.4 and cms 3.4.1 in my lab. I created two roles in cmm as follows:

Host role. I enabled activator for this role  as well as conference lock.                       Guest role . I disabled the activator and other features.

i assigned these roles to a space template ,for example, ict space.

I mapped some users to this space template..

A user signed in the webapp and scheduled a meeting. He added a participant with guest role and himself,the organizer as the host role.

Both himself and the guest user joined the meeting from their webapp and waited in the lobby for admission into the meeting.. I logged in cmm and click on admit all.

Questions.

1) cant the organizer with the host role that has activator right ,admit participants in the meeting?. In webex, host is the only one who can admit participants if the meeting is locked.

2) raise hand : If a participant raises an electronic hand,the host cant ask the participant to lower his/her electronic hand unlike in webex.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You can check it via the API

Enter the meeting.

Then via the GUI under API, go to "calls"

Then pick the right call, under the "Related objects", you will see the corresponding "callLegs"

After clicking on the callLeg, you will again find under the "Related objects" the "callLegProfileTrace"

That gives you the output of the assigned callLegProfile for this specific call

Unbenannt.JPG

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi,

1) if "needsActivation" is set to "True", then it will be a guest user. If "False", then it will be a host user.

So, if your "host" still has to wait in the lobby, then he gets assigned the wrong calllegprofile when joining the meeting.

2) I don't know, if it's possible at all, to give someone the priviliges, to lower / raise hands for another person. AFAIK, only the person himself can do that.

how do i verify the callleg profile assigned to the host?

i have changed the activator set to false for all the callleg profiles i have seen can you guide me on the right path?

You can check it via the API

Enter the meeting.

Then via the GUI under API, go to "calls"

Then pick the right call, under the "Related objects", you will see the corresponding "callLegs"

After clicking on the callLeg, you will again find under the "Related objects" the "callLegProfileTrace"

That gives you the output of the assigned callLegProfile for this specific call

Unbenannt.JPG

I was able to get the call profile leg.I set the activation to false.

i equally enabled the call lock so the host can admit the participants.

thanks for your help

collinks2
Level 5
Level 5

thank you so much for your swift response

I check if the activation is set to true or false

For No 2: There is a privilege for a Participant to raise/lower hand .It is when the participant clicks on "raise hand icon" the host and other participants will see it .If the participant clicks on the raise hand icon again,the hand will be lowered

In Cisco webex, the host can right click on participant and ask the participant to lower his hand. this option is not enabled in cms.I will check the Api

For 2)

As already said, AFAIK only the person himself can lower / raise the hand. No other person can do that for someone else.

Just because is works in Webex, doesn't mean, it also works in CMS.

These are completely different products.

@b.winter,

does emai scheduler require license key?.I scheduled meeting and added participants but they didnt get the email invite. Also i noticed that the join link and ivr no do not appear in the body of the email.

1) For the Scheduler component you don't need any keys.

2) To receive the scheduled meetings as an email invitation, you first need to configure an email server in the Scheduler component.

3) To modify the email invitation, you need to configure invitation templates. They are normally used, when you are copying the email invitation during a meeting.

But if you have problems with the Scheduler, you should open a new topic.

ok.I will open a new thread.

when i copy the email invitation,it still shows the cisco default template.