cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I block a camera by default? Cisco telepresence DX80

CISCOElSalvador
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, someone could tell me how I can select a camera by default when I'm in a video conference, this without affecting the audio transmission of other participants, all videoconferencing are managed by a CUCM

4 Replies 4

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

Your question is a bit confusing. What do you mean select a camera by default on the DX80? You want to mute your video in a call? Is that what you want to do? 

You can shut the privacy shutter on the DX. A feature for muting video in call is in the works and will be available soon.

Let me know if this answers your question or please elaborate. :)

/Magnus

Hello, Magnus

Thank you for your time,
I think my question was not very clear, what you want to do is that when a conference has already been
established between several participants, only one video is seen during the whole conference, and even
if a participant speaks the image do not change. regards

To have this done by default would be a video bridge setting, and not an endpoint/CUCM setting. Not all video bridges support this, and I'm pretty sure that when it is supported only the owner/originator of the conference call can be pinned for video. What video conference bridge are you using?

As @Maren Mahoney suggested - you will likely need to achieve this on your bridge.  How you configure this would be dependent on the model of the bridge you are using.   Have a look for settings such as "Lecture Mode" on the older stype bridges, or you can create a similar "lecture mode" type space in CMS.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.