cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How can I initiate multiparty conference call using SX10 ?

engremongaber
Level 1
Level 1

How can I initiate multiparty conference call using SX10 ?

13 Replies 13

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

SX10 doesn't support multisite (built-in conferencing bridge), so you'll need to rely on an MCU or TelePresence Server if you have one.  Typically, you'd call into a conference on the bridge if someone sent you the dial in information, or they call out to you.

What is the use case, that you're trying to accomplish, or having issues with?

Hi guys,

i have the same problem.

The scenario is the following:

CUCM 10.5

Conductor 2.3

CTS310 4.0

SX10 7.1.4

I have 2 SX10 in my lab, both registered  on CUCM and i want to escalate into an Ad Hoc conference when i add a third partecipant, but when i start a point to point call between these SX10, i can't add any other partecipant (via remote or web ui).

Everything has been configured following the official Cisco CVD guide (in fact i have no problem starting a rendezvous conference).

Any suggestion?

Thanks

Dan

Same issue also!

Thinking on Cisco IP Phones, It looks like Softphone template wasn't set up correctly, but SX10 don't have softphone template configuration.

I also tried to put two SX10 in a call and call one SX10 from a third device (8961), no success. 

SX10 admin guide, page 112, say it supports AdHoc conferencing with CUCM/Conductor/TPServer, but I always managed to make rendezvous conferences

http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/sx-series/tc7/administration-guide/sx10-administrator-guide-tc72.pdf

Opened a PDI but they told me that they can't help with user-facing issues. As they were bought for lab we don't have contract to open a TAC. Someone have any clue?

CUCM 9.1(2)

SX10 TC 7.1.4

Conductor XC2.3 (I don't think that this make any difference)

Virtual TelePresence Server 3.1(1.96) (I don't think that this make any difference)

Official Answer from Cisco:

Hi Daniele,

I did some research on your query and also confirmed from the BU that there is a limitation, on the SX10 at this time. It does not support adhoc dialing in the user interface.

The fix is available in TC7.2 software when using the Touch 10 as the user interface. The Touch 10 will allow for adhoc use of MRG through CUCM.

TC7.2 is required in order to support the Touch 10 with SX10 and SX20.

So it means that adhoc calls only with Touch 10? 

exactly.

Dan

Support should be added to initiate adhoc call escalation when using a Touch 10 with the SX10 in TC7.3 ( Cisco TAC response).

Dan:

Did they give you any documentation to support this? 

Thanks, 

Josh 

Unfortunately not.

Regards

Dan

I have several SX10, 3 in Mexico, 1 in Spain, 1 in UK and 3 in Germany.

My question is if I could buy a SX20 or SX80 could I join the others SX10 and have Multi-party meetings?
Right now I am using Webex to enable multi-party but I believe is better use the standard Cisco protocol to make the video conference instead of webex, this is right?

what other option could I use to enable multi-party? And what is approx cost?

BR,

Saul Alquicira

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

As Patrick has mentioned, the SX10, as an entry level device, doesn't support the same MultiSite licence options as the more expensive devices.  They're limited to a single call.

I believe the SX10 can be used with MultiWay calling, but that requres the use of a MCU or other infrastucture.

Can you give us some more detail as to what you have in your environment?  is it just the SX10, or do you have a MCU?  Are you using it with a VCS, or CUCM?  Different answers to these questions on what you have may help lead us to a solution that will work in your environment (if one exists).

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

I have the same issue, I am trying to initiate an ad-hoc conference using CUCM with conductor and telepresence server. After calling the first participant from SX10, there is no option to add another call or to initiate a conference. I have the latest firmware installed. Is this a limitation with this endpoint? You cannot use CUCM conferencing resources for creating a conference audio or video?

Thanks,

Cornel

This has been fixed with the release of TP7.3

We have tested this with several SX10's we own including the TR6 remote and a Touch 10 panel.

Both methods give you the option to 'Add' another call after the initial call.

Thus if you have an MCU you can now 'initiate' a multiparty conference call from the SX10.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: