cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How does Tandberg Gatekeeper call Call Manager SCCP extensions

nanosynth
Level 1
Level 1

Am I missing something here? I have CUCM 8.6 with h225 trunk built to Tandberg Gatekeeper (works fine). I have two Tandberg 150 video endpoints that are registered to the Tandberg Gatekeeper, extensions 8001 and 8002 (alias is what you call it I guess). The video enpoints can dial eachother by their extensions and work fine. The CUCM SCCP phones can dial extension 8001 and 8002 and ring the video phones to make voice only calls, which is fine. Had to build route patterns/lists/groups for this. How the heck do you dial a CUCM SCCP phone, like extension 1450 from the Tandberg video endpoint? Theres nothing in the Tandberg Gatekeeper to configure to route this call from a Tandberg Gateeper registerd phone to the Call Manager SCCP phone. This is just a simple lab setup.

2 Replies 2

heathbaskin
Level 1
Level 1

You have to setup a zone in Gatekeeper pointing to CUCM.  However, I experience the same issue.  My gatekeeper will not establish the connection.  It keeps saying that there is no response.  I've setup the H.225 trunk / gatekeeper on the CUCM side and can call Gatekeeper registered video devices from CUCM without issue.  Just not the other way around.  Were you ever able to resolve this?  Documentation on Gatekeeper is poor for zone setup and integrating with CUCM.  

I am aware that a workaround would be to send Gatekeeper traffic to VCS control and then point VCS control to CUCM via SIP.  However that is not a reasonable or what i feel is a necessary solution.

Hi Heathbaskin. Maybe you will read this one day. I actually got rid of all my video and voice lab stuff, but I remember I did integrate the Tandberg with my VCS Expressway virtual server for complete call completion back to the CUCM SCCP phones.