cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How many users does MSE 8510 support?

JIANDE ZHANG
Level 1
Level 1

My client has a MSE 8000 + 8050 + 8510x3.

When over 50 user join the conference, the video has mosaics on it. And after reboot the 8510 card, it seems solved that problem.

I checked the 

Cisco TelePresence MCU MSE 8510 Data Sheet

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/products/collateral/conferencing/telepresence-mse-8000-series/data_sheet_c78-627558.html

it shows:

Up to 20 HD 1080p or 720p video plus 20 voice ports or up to 80 SD video ports on a single blade
  Up to 15 FullHD 1080p or 720p symmetric video plus 20 voice ports
  Enables up to 180 HD 1080p video plus 180 voice ports or 720 SD video ports in a single chassis
  Up to 60 HD 1080p video ports in a multiblade MCU
Because the client has three 8510, and the number of users are about 50.
So, we guess maybe this device runs out of its power.
Could we add one more MSE 8510 to solve this problem?
2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You could add another MSE 8510 blade, or decrease the media port quality to reduce the load on the MCU.  Do you have a picture of the issue you're facing?

What media port quality are you currently using, and/or want to use?

The media port quality you're currently using will determine how many participants you can connect in a single conference on one MSE 8510 blade.  If you clustered the three 8510 blades together, you can host up to 60 participants in a single conference with the quality set to HD (720p30 or 448p60) or you can set it to use either SD or nHD.  Refer to the MCU port matrix in the MCU 4.5 Online Help Guide on pg 233 for more information on the media ports.

What all do you have installed in your MSE 8000?

That would determine the number of power rectifiers you will require, take a look here for Calculating power and current requirements for an MSE 8000.

Note, you should move this thread to the TelePresence section of the forums, where these devices are actively discusses rather than the Conferences section which is meant for WebEx Meeting Server.  You can move the thread by editing it and changing the categories at the bottom of the page.

Thank you. Patrick.

Actual I got some wrong information from my coworkers.

It was not as I wrote.

Anyway, your answer is very helpful. Thank you again.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: