cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How the Unified CM creates a Space using API for Ad hoc conference hosted by Cisco Meeting Server?

Meddane
VIP
VIP

When an Ad hoc conference is triggered by an endpoint to escalate a point-to-point call into a three-way call.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

I am just wondering how CUCM generates the URI to create a space for ad hoc

View solution in original post

Conference Bridge Prefix is interesting , thanks @b.winter  for this precious infos

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

b.winter
VIP
VIP

Hi Meddane,

As far as I know and could see, during all my installations was, that the numbers are random.

Also, I haven't seen any documentation about that yet.

What's the intention behind your question?

Best regards,

Björn

I am just wondering how CUCM generates the URI to create a space for ad hoc

Second this. Also when adding more attendees the conference number can be interpreted by some mobile phones as a country code. Is there a way to define this as particular office DDI number for example?

You mean, when you dial-out from the space, to set the calling number to something else other than the random space number?

Yes for example the ad hoc conf ID looks like this 004036010048 and a mobile phone may interpret this ID as an incoming call from Canada

You could manipulate the calling number via translation or route pattern, with calling party mask.

But then you can only set 1 number for all calls made to external from CMS (e.g. your main company number).

Have found this in some Cisco Lab guides for configuring CMS:

"The Unified CM will create a randomly generated meeting number for each adhoc conference"

The only why to influence this is by setting a prefix in the conference bridge settings in CUCM configuration. Then every meeting number starts with this prefix and then uses a random number:

screenshot.PNG

Normally only used, when multiple CUCM cluster use the same CMS.

Conference Bridge Prefix is interesting , thanks @b.winter  for this precious infos

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: