Views
Helpful
Replies

How to add dummy VC endpoints (room) in TMS/TMS-XE

hdeboer1971
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Is it possible to add dummy VC endpoints (rooms) in TMS/TMS-XE, like in CTS-Manager.

If you schedule one of these dummy rooms in Outlook it will be seen as an Interop call

Thanks

Regards

Harald                  

11 Replies 11

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You can create a dummy room in TMS yes and then add this to TMSXE as a bookable room. In TMS Systems Navigator when you click Add Systems. You see several tabs, click "Add room/equipment" tab and here you add the settings manually.

/Magnus

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Please note that this will use system licenses in TMS.

/Magnus

Hello Magnus

Thanks for the reply

When scheduling of these dummy rooms, will there be a dial-in number generated?

Regards

Harald

Hi

Just to not cause any misunderstandings, the dummy room in TMS is meant for representing a physical endpoint that cannot be added into TMS. For example an Aethra system. It is dialable from the Cisco endpoints but cannot be booked by TMS or TMSXE. To realize this you create a representation (dummy room) in TMS where you type in the number the endpoint is registered with so that TMS can tell the MCU or other endpoints involved to dial that number.

There is no numbers that are generated in terms of an "actual dialable virtual room" if that is what you where thinking about. When you add the dummy room you can type in advanced settings like, H323ID/E164 Alias, ISDN number, SIP URI.. fields that TMS uses to set up the scheduled conference.

TMS cannot change any settings on the physical endpoint by changing fields in the dummy room like it can with systems that are supported by TMS.

This is more of a workaround for systems or URI´s / ISDN numbers that cannot be added to TMS.

Please elaborate on your question if I have misunderstood you. I am not familiar with the CTS-Manager and how that works with dummy rooms compared to TMS. But my explanation above covers how TMS and TMSXE utilizes this.

/Magnus

hello Magnus

I can explain the current setup

In the CTS-manager we configured some dummy VC rooms, these dummy VC rooms are also configured as a resource in  Exchange, so if we schedule for example two TP rooms and one dummy VC room,  a dial-in number will be automatically generated by the system in order to dial-in with a legacy endpoint into the meeting with the two TP rooms. So I'm looking for the same solution within TMS?

Regards

Harald

Hi Harald,

'Room' type systems are handled a bit differently from direct managed systems when TMS routes conferences. Because TMS cannot manage them directly and thus instruct them to dial, TMS will always instruct the 'Main' participant in the conference (typically a Conductor, MCU, TelePresence Server etc.) to dial to the 'room' automatically.

You'll see the same behavior for all connection types ('automatic connect', 'One Button To Push' etc) in TMS; TMS will always choose to dial the 'room' automatically. Because of that, you won't have to get a dial-in number and call in manually.

Regards,

Kjetil

Message was edited by: Kjetil Ree

Hello Kjetil

But how can a legacy endpoint join the call with the two Telepresence rooms onto the bridge?? There should be a kind dial-in number for this meeting available?

Regards

Harald

TMS makes the bridge dial the legacy endpoints automatically — you don't need a dial in number.

-Kjetil

Hi

What is this legacy endpoint? Is this endpoint the same everytime the specific dummy room is booked? You could type in the legacy endpoint call details in the TMS dummy room and the MCU should be able to dial it automatically.

I understand that this won´t work if the endpoint changes everytime or often.

/Magnus

Well I will use the dummy room only to generate a dial-in number for an interop meeting, the legacy endpoints are not registered onto the TMS as well not a resource in Exchange, so dummy room only be used for generating a dial-in number

is this possible?? in CTS-manager this was possible.

Regards

Harald

Hi Harald

They do not have to be added into TMS, but that is what the dummy room in TMS is for. Endpoints that is not added to TMS and will not be. Its just so TMS can dial it, but you have to add the "dummy room" from TMS into TMSXE and create a mailbox for it in exchange. Then the legacy endpoint will be a valid resource that can be dialed automatically from the MCU just like the other endpoints. I am not sure if there is a dial in address for the conference included in the confirmation e-mail if the MCU is already set to dial the participants automatically.

/Magnus

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: