cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to add new layouts to SX80/Touch10?

gfolens
Level 4
Level 4

I've a SX80 with CE9.3.3 and Touch connected which replaced a C90 codec.

When in a call I can adjust the layout (upper right corner) but the options are limited.

I would like to add a layout side-by-side equal view, ie remote party on the left and presentation on the right.

Is this something that can be configured? How can I do this?

rgds, Geert.

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

There is very little you can do on the older CE software loads, and it is nothing like you could do on the older TC software using the TC Console or Compositor functionality.

In some of the newer CE software loads (if I remember correctly, it was introduced in CE9.4.x), there are some basic Input and Presentation composition functionality that provide some basic layout options, one of which is a side by side.  You may be able to play with these to get a result that works in your installation, but you will need to upgrade your endpoint software version first.  I'd recommed that you go to at least CE9.5.0 - the composition functions can be seen in the CE9.5.0 Admin Guide.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Hi, Wayne, Thanks for the answer but if I understand it correctly, "Presentation source composition" is a feature that allows to send 2 or more input streams on the video or presentation stream to the other participant in a vc call.

I'm not sure the use of this feature will have effect on the local screen.

Geert.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: