cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to Change MCU Connection Password in TMS?

Hello

I am trying to find out how to change the admin password in TMS for a MSE8000 we have added.  If we change it on the MCU first and then go into TMS, TMS ends up locking the account because it tries to access it too fast using the old credentials.  So now we have it set in TMS to a normal user account that has adminstrator privileges and need to get it associated back to the system admin account.  When you click on the Connections tab in TMS it just says passwords are correct with no option to change it.  Any Ideas? Am I missing a entry field somewhere else?

4 Replies 4

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

In TMS, did you try to go the settings tab and then click edit settings? There you will find a field to type the password.

Regards

Paulo Souza
Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

If posting questions, please always mention the Software version used.

Its also good to provide a screenshot or a movi clip to show how it looks on your side.

My connection dialog looks like this:

I simply remove the old content of the Password field, enter the new password, click save and it works.

(MCU 4.4 TMS 14.3)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

We are on TMS 14.2 and our

MCU is a MSE8510 running software version4.4(3.57).

The connection dialog doesnt give you an option to change username and password when they are currently CORRECT.  That field only becomes available when a WRONG password is recognized.

Do you have the security option enabled on the MCU or where is the issue?

I think the guides state that you should use an extra user for TMS and other management applications

so you can not lock your self out by that one going crazy.

I addition.

A force refresh should trigger the password error, then you should be able to change it.

If not you can try to temporary disable the advanced account security mode on the mcu.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: