cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change the IP address on Expressway E

jklooney1225
Level 1
Level 1

I need help in changing the IP address on the Expressway E. Would I do this in Vsphere in the console or in the GUI?

Thanks.

12 Replies 12

Aman Soi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi,

you can change the same through GUI under : System---Network Interfaces ---IP

regds,

aman

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can use one of the following methods to change the IP address:

1. Web interface: System > Network interfaces > IP
  2. SSH or vSphere Guest Console: After login, when prompted, run install wizard.

mcaldogne
Level 3
Level 3

Note that if you change the IP address you need new option keys from Cisco licensing.

Changing the IP address won't affect the installed option keys. The option keys are tied to the generated serial number of the VM when it's first installed, if someone either copies or moves the VM without using VMotion, that serial number will change. 

I'm sorry...we moved the VM and change IP Address at the same time and had to do a request for the option keys.

Thanks for the information!

Hello,

I am doing the same move, how long did it take to get the new option keys, and were you out of service during this time ?

(I don't have vmotion)

Cheers,

Hello,

we have to move our Expressway to new DMZ, so if i do IP address change and do a vmotion to new location do the serial number get changed?

Moving an interface to another DMZ isn’t something that requires a vmotion necessarily. If the DMZ is within the same data centre it would “just” be a matter of configuration change on the VM and change of IP on the Expressway interface, with a restart to activate the change.

Response Signature

cogden
Level 1
Level 1

Login as 'root' 

then at prompt enter    installwizard

to initiate the install wizard and change the IP address, subnet mask and defgwy IP.

It then prompts to 'reboot'.

Chris

Thanks, it helped with #installwizard

I am having the same issue only we do not know what the IP address is nor the root. How can I access the VCS E?  Can I use a serial connection? Again, we DO NOT know the IP address nor the root. This is for a VCS Expressway Gen 2.

Assuming it’s a virtual environment you’ll do it via the vcenter console for the VM.

Besides this your question seems to somewhat off topic to the OP.

Response Signature

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: