Views
Helpful
Replies

How to change user/pass in discovered device in Cisco TMS

Nguyen Tony
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I added all CCM Managed Device into Cisco TMS (Example: Cisco SX endpoints). However, one guy accessed to SX Endpoint web GUI interface and changed their passwords. So, TMS warn a messages:

"Wrong username or password"

Could you show me where I can change the password for discovered devices in Cisco TMS?

Thanks,
Thuc

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
If you know the endpoint's password, you can update it on the Connection tab of an endpoint in TMS under Systems > Navigator.
If you don't know the endpoint's password at all, you'll have to factory reset the endpoint, as there is no recovery method for forgotten passwords.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni
If you know the endpoint's password, you can update it on the Connection tab of an endpoint in TMS under Systems > Navigator.
If you don't know the endpoint's password at all, you'll have to factory reset the endpoint, as there is no recovery method for forgotten passwords.

Hi

I can not find the user and password in connection tab. Please see the attached file.

Thuc

That is because TMS has the correct username/password for the endpoint, you’ll only see the option to update them if either one were incorrect.

Hi Patrick,

Pls see my attachment. I can not the username and password field for changing.

Thanks,

Thuc

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: