cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to create 20000 route pattern at the same time?

josedunet
Level 1
Level 1

I would like to create a partition which contains 20000 different number which a list of ip phone are going to be able to call.

It would be difficult for me of create route pattern one by one. Please How may I proceed?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

6 Replies 6

paolo bevilacqua
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Consider first WHY are you doing it, and if there is any way not NOT do it ?

I would like that some ipphone can call a list of different number. It is the list of different number that I cannot grouped together, I am obliged to list number one by one. There is  another way to do it?

Thanks.

If I am understanding you correctly you're trying to allow a subset of the phones in your organization to dial numbers other phones cannot.

Assuming I understand you correctly, you would be better off to go about this in the opposite direction. Current SRND recommendations indicate that the Device CSS is capable of reaching all destinations while the Line CSS imposes any dialing restrictions. It may very well be that you need to create 20,000 route or translation patterns; however, the advise is to place these in a partition that is listed on the Directory Number [Line] CSS and blocks the destination from those phones that should not be able to reach it. This becomes especially useful with other features such as Extension Mobility as the unique list of restrictions follow that DN regardless of the device it is being used on.

As for the "how" part: Current versions of CUCM include an Import/Export menu within BAT. Export the route patterns you have in the cluster now so that you have a properly formatted CSV and accompanying header text file. Replace the rows of the existing records with what you want to add to the database. You can use tools such as 7-Zip to extract and rebuild the TAR file.

Lastly, be mindful of the capacity limits of the database:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/srnd/8x/callpros.html#wp1156290

A Unified CM cluster with a very large dial plan containing many gateways, route patterns, translation patterns, and partitions, can take an extended amount of time to initialize when the Cisco CallManager Service is first started. If the system does not initialize within the default time, you can modify the system initialization timer (a Unified CM service parameter) to allow additional time for the configuration to initialize. For details on the system initialization time, refer to the online help for Service Parameters in Unified CM Administration.

You should work with your Cisco Partner who has access to sizing tools before doing this. These tools can calculate the impact that the additional route patterns will have on the cluster.

For Cisco partners and employees, the tools are available at the following locations:

Cisco Unified Communications Sizing Tool is available at

http://tools.cisco.com/cucst

Cisco Unified CM Capacity Tool is available at

http://www.cisco.com/go/cucmct

Thanks Jonathan.

I would like to clarify that I have a single call manager 4 now.

When I click on "application/bat" I have no page displayed.

Then my first suggestion is to upgrade to a current CUCM version; either 7.1 or 8.x.

End-of-Sale and End-of-Life Announcement for the Cisco Unified CallManager 4.1

Yes the upgrade is planned before the end of next year.

But at once, how I may make?

First is a routes pattern grouped in a partition who shall allow me of create various number?
Now if I can not create 20000 together, are there a procedure for creates 100 or 200?

Thanks in advance.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: