Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

how to define dialing for VCS when Ex90 dial from CM to external domain

Hi,

I have a VCS and VCSe  with an endpoint Ex90 registered in VCSe, and one Ex90 registered in VCS.

I can dial with endpoint registered in VCS to any domain, I can received  also from any domain.

when I move Ex90 to CM 8.6, I can dial to Endpoints registered in VCS and VCSe and viceversa (I have already configured SIP trunk), but now I need to dial to external domain e.g. jabber.com.

I set the SIP ROUTE PATTERN in CM  (pattern=  jabber.com) and  associate the SIP TRUNK, but when I dial to jabber user  I just see the message "inviting" i don't listen ringback tone and in jabber client no incoming call is shown.

I guess there something left in VCS but I don`t know exactly what is :-(

any suggestion??

Checking eventlog I saw that the source address contain CM ip address as domain.

"Call Rejected" Service="SIP" Src-ip="10.10.10.5" Src-port="5060" Src-alias-type="SIP" Src-alias="sip:3871@10.10.10.5"

The following transform is included but I can not see any diferent,

5 Replies 5

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Filiberto.  Wondering here if your call is actually making it all the way to the Expressway and is rejected by jabber.com client? 

If you look at the search history, would be interesting to see if it makes it there and goes our DNS zone setup on the expressway. 

Also, URI dialing is introduced in CUCM 9, so maybe testing with CUCM 9 would prove more useful here in this scenario. If you can of course. 

VR

Patrick

Hi Patrick,

I have found in others discussion that CUCM-registered endpoints currently can't be the Multiway initiator but I'm not sure if this could be the reason I can't dial to external domain.

As you comment in CM 9.x there is a new feature; Directory Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) Dialing extends reachability to users and devices by enabling dialing using email addresses. Currently I can dial to Endpoint registerd in the internal domain XXXX@internaldomain with EX90 registerd in CM 8.6, so I'm not sure if this new feature clear my issue.

Unfortunately I can't go on with my tests because  I got VCS and VCS express just for some days and I had to return them :-(.

I really appreciate your comments.

regards

Patrick Pettit
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

HI Filiberto. 

"I have found in others discussion that CUCM-registered endpoints currently can't be the Multiway initiator but I'm not sure if this could be the reason I can't dial to external domain."

- Multiway is a VCS Supported function.  Systems registered on CUCM can initiate Multiway conference that is configured on VCS.  However, VCS registered endpoints who have Multiway configured can add CUCM registered endpoints, phones etc to the meeting.  I don't think this is the cause of your problem to be honest. 

"As you comment in CM 9.x there is a new feature; Directory  Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) Dialing extends reachability to users  and devices by enabling dialing using email addresses. Currently I can dial to Endpoint registerd in the internal domain XXXX@internaldomain with EX90 registerd in CM 8.6, so I'm not sure if this new feature clear my issue."

- CUCM 9.1.1 has this feature set added to where you can dial by URI etc and cross the trunk to VCS to role out to an external domain if need be. 

I'll be it, you may be able to get this to work on CUCM 8.6.2, but the function and feature set is much better in CUCM 9.1.1. 

Hope this sorta helps ya.

VR

Patrick

cody.haiden
Level 4
Level 4

I also run CUCM 8.6 with VCSc and VCSe.  URI dialing is not supported by CUCM at this time, I beleive you are only allowed 1 SIP route pattern in CUCM.  I currently have that SIP route pattern configured for my internal domain to route to my VCSc.  In order to dial external sites from a CUCM registered endpoint, I use one of my bridges that are registered to VCSc.  They have the ability to dial out SIP URI out via the VCSe.

If anyone has more information on this I'd love to hear.

HTH,

Cody

Cody,

Thanks for your feedback.

regards

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: