Views
Helpful
Replies

How to enable right to drop a participant from a conference call using SX20

ALISSON CHAGAS
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all

I saw at SX20 User Guide that during a conference it ´s possible to drop a participant from a conference (http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/quick-set-sx20/tc7/user-guide/profile-series-codec-c-series-qs-c20-sx20-qs-mx-series-touch-user-guide-tc73.pdf - page 29) but only users "entitled"  can do it.

How can I entitle a user to do it ? I do not found this feature at SX20 configuration screen nor at CUCM device configuration.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

You are correct. it is a multiparty conference as the top of the page says "Conference Calls with Multiple Participants", with that said, it's most likely a conference on a TelePresence Server, as this ability is available with ActiveControl.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

That looks like it might just be a point-to-point call, but if you're in a conference hosted on a TelePresence Server in remote managed mode with Conductor, you can use ActiveControl to disconnect remote participants from the conference.  Refer to the Optimized Conferencing for Cisco Unified CM and Cisco VCS Solution Guide R3 and ActiveControl Deployment Guide R3, as well as the TC6 Release Notes regarding the features of ActiveControl starting on pg 34.

No, this is a feature for conference call and looks like something into the SX20, but I still do not found where "entitle a user to do it"

You are correct. it is a multiparty conference as the top of the page says "Conference Calls with Multiple Participants", with that said, it's most likely a conference on a TelePresence Server, as this ability is available with ActiveControl.

Thanks Patrick

You were right. after I enable the Active Control I´m able to drop a participant on the call, but the option to control the far end camera during a conference is still not appearing. It´s just appear on a point-to-point call.

At the SX20 manual it´s also possible to do it during a conference, do you have any suspect about it ?

Hi Patrick

I confirmed with Cisco PDI Helpdesk and this functionality is only available when using SX20 in a Multisite connection , where is necessary to have the LIC-SX20-MS option.

It's not supported with Telepresence Server or Conductor.

I forgot, you would see those features in a Multisite conference, something we don't utilize here as we have Conductor and TelePresence Server.  Thanks for the update and letting everyone know.

ALISSON CHAGAS
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for your help ! your were rigth! after I enable active control the drop button started to appear, the only missing button now is the particpant camera control. This one just appear on a point-to-point call. and if we look to the SX20 manual it´s also possible to do it. Do you any suspect ?

I've never seen the camera control option when in TelePresence Server conferences myself, so I'm not sure if it's supported or if it's even supported. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: