Helpful
Replies

How to factory reset C40

ryanhoibm
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Cisco,

How to factory reset C40?

The problem is that someone accidentally disabled the infrared between the codec and the remote control.

How to re enable back the infrared so that we can access the C40 menu options again?

Thanks

5 Replies 5

Danny De Ridder
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello,

can you access the unit via http:// or ssh and login as admin, or put differently, do you know the unit's IP address?

Then I think you should be able to execute the command :

xConfiguration SystemUnit IrSensor: On

In addition to what Danny has mentioned, factory reset can be performed using any of the following procedure :

Factory reset the system

 Open the console/ssh session with codec and login as “root” user

 rm /mnt/base/active/config.db, this remove the current configuration file from Codec

 reboot

OR

 Open the console/ssh session with codec and login as “admin” user

xCommand SystemUnit FactoryReset Confirm: Yes

Regards,

Mubashshir Akhtar

Thanks Mubashshir Akhtar

Hello,

I have three Cisco Telepresence codec's (C40) all user's passwords have expired. I can connect to it by IP and ssh, however all user accounts passwords are unknown. It appears my only solution is a factory reset... How would I go about doing this?

Hello Michael -

Take a look at this discussion, password-recovery, depending on the software version your C40 is running, you may or may not have to perform a factory reset.

Thank you I will take a look current software version is 7.3.0 or higher.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: