Views
Helpful
Replies

How to License Expressway C and E

mdrangell22
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Guys 

I have the following amount of licenses for expressway C and E but I don't know exactly how many I have to add for each one

4  LIC-SW-EXP-K9

1  LIC-EXP-E-PAK

2  LIC-EXP-ROOM         FOR EXP-E

2  LIC-EXP-E                 FOR EXP-E

2  LIC-EXP-TURN          FOR EXP-E

4  LIC-EXP-SERIES        FOR EXP-E AND C

2  LIC-EXP-AN              FOR EXP-E

4  LIC-EXP-GW             FOR EXP-E AND C

110 LIC-EXP-DSK         FOR EXP-E

My questions are how many liceses do i have to add to each expressway? for example the 4 LIC-EXP-SERIES do i have to add 2 for Expressway C and 2 for Expressway E and the same for 4 LIC-EXP-GW 2 for Expressway C and 2 for Expressway E?

The rest of licenses for Expressway E where there are 2 of each one should I have to add 2 of the each licenses or just 1? and I suposse I have to add the 110 LiIC-EXP-DSK for Expressway E?

4 Replies 4

mdrangell22
Level 1
Level 1
Nobody can help me?

It might help if you start by telling what you intend to use the Expressway system for? To mention a few use cases there is MRA, B2B, device registration (VCS), Webex hybrid services. Which one are you intending to use?

Response Signature

Eric Ingram
Level 4
Level 4

@mdrangell22here is the breakdown of the usage.

The expressway series just turn the server from VCS (default) to actual Expressway series.  VCS is no longer used so you need 1 license per expressway server you installed.

Are you allowing endpoints to register to your expressways?  Can you provide more details on how you want your expressways to operate?

PID

Description

Where to Apply

LIC-SW-EXP-K9

Release key for Expressway – This is the main release key for the VM

Both

LIC-EXP-SERIES

Enable Expressway Series Feature Set – Turns a VCS Series into an Expressway Series

Both

LIC-EXP-MSFT

Microsoft Interoperability Option – For LYNC integration

Exp-C

LIC-EXP-GW

Enable GW Feature (H323-SIP) – For H323-SIP interworking

Exp-C

LIC-EXP-RMS

Expressway Rich Media Session – For specific calls like B2B and  LYNC integration

Exp-E for B2B and Jabber Guest

Exp-C for interoperability gateway

LIC-EXP-TURN

Enable TURN Relay Option – For enabling TURN feature which is used for Jabber Guest

Exp-E only

LIC-EXP-AN

Enable Advanced Networking Option – Enable Dual-NIC and Static NAT address

Exp-E only

LIC-EXP-E

Enable Expressway-E Feature Set – Turns an Expressway-Core into an Expressway-Edge

Exp-E only

LIC-EXP-ROOM/DSK

Enable the registration of Room/Desk endpoints to the Expressway-C. Remote devices are proxied to Expressway-C by Expressway-E.

Exp-C only

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: