cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to pull AD SIP addresses for use by room systems

bapayne
Level 1
Level 1

My client has MS AD - 2008R2, and uses Jabber 9.2 along with CUCM 9.1 (BE6K). They have one video endpoint (SX-20) and several hundred video phones (8971/9971), plus jabber on their iPads. They want the lone SX-20 to be able to dial from directory any user, as well as for future endpoints to be able to dial users from the directory. How do I pull the SIP address from the AD into a phone book source. I can get all the telephone fields I need but they restrict calls to 64k as voice only. It seems that there would be a setting to allow this since video phones are now the norm for new customers.  

The configuration is as follows

VCS Control with SIP trunk to CUCM

VCS E via traversal zone to internet

MCU 5320 registered to CUCM for meet me calls

TMS manages VCS C, VCS E, TCS, and SX20

All individual video users are jabber on the CUCM or videophone users and come across the sip trunk for internet or sx20 calls

Everything works -

There are no Jabber for Telepresence (Movi) users

Any help greatly appreciated      

4 Replies 4

adimchev
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Thanks Andrey -

not sure I can use the links - I am not trying to connect lync or lync users. TMS has the ability to pull a sip address from AD but I can't figure out what field in AD should be populated for the users so that the directory on the SX-20 does not dial with the call restricted to telephone (64k)

Fixed - removed AD source, added the CUCM to TMS, then created a new source from CUCM, and made a dial search rule so that sip:1234@domain.com changed to 1234@192.168.50.20 (ip of the CUCM).

bapayne
Level 1
Level 1

Fixed - removed AD source, added the CUCM to TMS, then created a new source from CUCM, and made a dial search rule so that sip:1234@domain.com changed to 1234@192.168.50.20 (ip of the CUCM).

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: