cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

How to remove Macro and In-Room Control via provisioning?

RenzKanwischer
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I have a question:

We are using "xCommand Provisioning Service Fetch" for mass provisioning of Macros and In-Room Controls. This works as expected.

Now we have the need for removing some of the previously provisioned Macros and In-Room Controls. Is there a way to "Uninstall" a previous bundle or to remove Controls and Macros separately?

Thanks

Renz

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, you are provisioning the macros using a bundle, this is a backup restore procedure. To remove the individual macros you need to issue an xCommand on each codec. This can be provisioned via TMS (not UCM) as a custom command or you can script it (using the SSH xAPI or XMLAPI. You cannot provision custom commands using the backup and restore mechanism. 

The command you should use is:

xCommand Macros Macro Remove Name: nameofmacro 

I do have a script to send custom commands via the XMLAPI using a CSV file of codecs, let me know if you need it. If you have your own solution thats fine as well. :)

/Magnus

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Magnus Ohm
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi, you are provisioning the macros using a bundle, this is a backup restore procedure. To remove the individual macros you need to issue an xCommand on each codec. This can be provisioned via TMS (not UCM) as a custom command or you can script it (using the SSH xAPI or XMLAPI. You cannot provision custom commands using the backup and restore mechanism. 

The command you should use is:

xCommand Macros Macro Remove Name: nameofmacro 

I do have a script to send custom commands via the XMLAPI using a CSV file of codecs, let me know if you need it. If you have your own solution thats fine as well. :)

/Magnus

Hi Magnus,

thanks. I think this would work here as well. Can you send me the script you mentioned, please?

Renz

Is there a way to remove In-room control panels as well?

xujf
Level 1
Level 1

I am very interested in using "xCommand Provisioning Service Fetch" for mass provisioning of Macros and In-Room Controls.  Could you share me how to do it?

I use the command to update the provision, but it failed

xCommand Provisioning Service Fetch Checksum:"7b6a91e2fd68729dafc06450ddab032ff9a6eec1b4aac9828a2d1bde9af309f4f5dac11965bf90636f7958a042e78d27ac95f49ac935f8b240dd0692fb45906c" ChecksumType:SHA512 Mode:Replace Origin:Other URL:"http://bbtms.1table.cn/tms/public/external/management/systemmanagementservice.asmx"

OK
*r ServiceFetchResult (status=Error):
*r ServiceFetchResult Reason: "Checksum mismatch"
** end

espholmb
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The file you should be pointing to should be the backup.zip file created when you created a backup from the web page of the system, and not the tms provisioning file. 

bolguin01
Level 1
Level 1

Hello All, 

Has anyone figured out how to remove In Room Controls in bulk?

Thanks!