we have  a  TMS + TMS XE with exchange integration

we  have to swap a C90 due and HW failure

the tms have have the option  called: Replace System

does anyone  have tried it ?

Thanks

Carlo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Yes, the replace system feature doesn't need the original system to be alive in TMS, so you can disconnect it and TMS should give you a "critical error" ticket. You can add, or let TMS discover, the new system, then go through the "replace system" steps.

You might have to enter some config details manually afterwards if you don't have a backup of the config file from the old system though.

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

I've used this feature a number of times, works a treat.

Great thing is that this will keep all future bookings already scheduled, call detail records etc.

You might also want to backup the configuration of the old system, then, if the new system is running TC6.x, you can upload this configuration to the new system.

/jens

ok,  but this feaure works even if the the original C90 is stuck? 

Yes, the replace system feature doesn't need the original system to be alive in TMS, so you can disconnect it and TMS should give you a "critical error" ticket. You can add, or let TMS discover, the new system, then go through the "replace system" steps.

You might have to enter some config details manually afterwards if you don't have a backup of the config file from the old system though.

/jens

ok thanks a lot!

Also see page 73 in the admin guide:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tms/admin_guide/Cisco_TMS_Admin_Guide_14-1.pdf

/jens

from TMS web UI I see:

- Change system Network Address to

- Switch or replace with existing system

which difference there is?

Change network address will just change the IP address to a new address of your choosing, you want "Switch or replace with existing system". "Existing system" being the new system which you should have in TMS prior to starting this.

If my memory serves me right, you should then be asked if you want to transfer/keep CDRs logs etc of the old system and if you want to purge this old system from the TMS database.

/jens

ok thanks Jens!