cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Hybrid Services and Connector Management on VCS - Cloud Collaboration Management - Features and Workflow

Marco
Level 1
Level 1

Hello community,

I have a few questions about the Hybrid Service on VCS:

- We just have one VCSE on WAN. How can we deploy Hybrid? Or we have to buy a VCS? Is eval vm eunogh ?

- What are the Features with just VCS? Are we able to connect TeleWorkers or better B2B solution?

- What are the requirements? We just have VCSE, TMS, TMSPE and MCU. Is it possible to use something with this infrastructure on the Hybrid Service? I just see a requirement is webex we don´t have. What kind of Webex-solution they want?

-How is the communication working (Just SSL?)

Thanks a lot.

Regards,

Marco

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

This might be of some help.

Cisco Cloud Collaboration Management

That's everything that there is that I can see related to documentation, suggest you reach out to your Account Manager, maybe they can put you in contact with a Sales Engineer that can help explain the solution, unless someone happens to know more details about it here in the forums.

View solution in original post

Hi Marco,

Patrick had probably the best link to the most documentation available for Spark Hybrid Services. 

You are correct with a VCS-Expressway it would not allow you to set it up the service but - you can run a VCS-Control without Registration Key to setup the Hybrid Services / Calendar Connection features.  The VM would essentially exist just for the Hybrid Services features and requires no licenses or keys.

-Jonathan

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

Lawrence James
Level 1
Level 1

It could possibly be done without a VCS Control but the cost and complexity would be more than just buying a VCS Control. If you can get a Evaluation unit with correct config and licensing then yes that would be enough to test.

When you say Hybrid what do you mean?

- What are the Features with just VCS? Are we able to connect TeleWorkers or better B2B solution?

Call Control, Session Management and with VCS Expressway (Firewall traversal, Remote Access and Registration.)

Yes

Thanks for your reply.

I´m talking about VCS Hybrid Services. I don´t find the informations in the documents.

- What are the Features with just VCS as a Connector?

- What are the requirements?

- How is the communication working? (Fw-Rules)

I don´t find a soloution with just VCSE, because they are not able to register directly ?

Enviroment:

VCSE/TMS/MCU

Regards,

Marco

Hi Marco,

Patrick had probably the best link to the most documentation available for Spark Hybrid Services. 

You are correct with a VCS-Expressway it would not allow you to set it up the service but - you can run a VCS-Control without Registration Key to setup the Hybrid Services / Calendar Connection features.  The VM would essentially exist just for the Hybrid Services features and requires no licenses or keys.

-Jonathan

Hello,

actually I want to test the service on a VCS, but they can´t register because of permission of spark account. There is need a Cisco Cloud Administrator.

How can I handle this?

-Marco

I believe you need a subscription to use the Cisco Collaboration Cloud, a quick search also turned up some information here: Cloud and Hybrid Collaboration Solutions.  Haven't found anything regarding pricing or how to gain access to the features, again, I suggest you contact you Account Manager and they should be able to go into detail regarding the solution.

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

When you say Hybrid, are you referring to CMR Hybrid or VCS Hybrid Services (aka Cloud Extensions)? You need to clarify what solution you're asking about.

If CMR Hybrid, suggest you take a look at the CMR Hybrid Deployment Guides.

If VCS Hybrid Services, suggest you take a look at the "Cloud Extensions / Hybrid Services" section of the VCS X8.6.1 Release Notes starting on bottom of pg 2, as well as additional information in the VCS X8.7 Release Notes, on bottom of pg 3.  Also refer to the "Hybrid Services and Connector Management" section of the VCS Admin Guide on pg 242.

Thanks

This might be of some help.

Cisco Cloud Collaboration Management

That's everything that there is that I can see related to documentation, suggest you reach out to your Account Manager, maybe they can put you in contact with a Sales Engineer that can help explain the solution, unless someone happens to know more details about it here in the forums.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: