Views
Helpful
Replies

I cannot transmit 720p with Polycom HDX 8000 HD to Tandberg 3000 MXP

Hello, 

I have a below scenario to try using HD quality video at videoconference calls:

• Polycom HDX 8000 HD conects to Tandberg 3000 MXP
  • Tandberg 3000 MXP connects to Polycom HDX 8000 HD

Tandberg sends 720p quality video and Polycom always sends just 4CIF quality video, even if the bandwidth of this videoconferencce is up to 1920 kbps.

But when I connect Polycom with Polycom, it connects with 720p quality thanks to H.264-HP codec (512 kbps and upper). Same for Tandberg 3000 MXP with Tandberg 3000 MXP runs with 720p quality in both sides (minimum 1472 kbps or 1152 kbps).

Why Polycom sends only 4CIF quality to Tandberg VC equipments? Maybe I need change any configuration?

Please find pictures attached below. Look at "Formato video (video format)" values: polycom-polycom call and polycom-tandberg call.

Notes: 

• Polycom HDX 8000 HD version is: 3.1.3.2
  • Tandberg 3000 MXP version is: F9.3.1

2 Replies 2

mailgunj
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Juan,

I'm facing the exact same issue. Were you able to resolve the it?

Please share the steps taken to resolve the same.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Gunjan Jain

Hi,

Finally I found out that is a Polycom issue, but they discovered that TANDBERG MXP is not longer be sold and maintennace, so they doesn't waste time focusing on this. AS you can read, it will never send in HD quality video to MXP models. However, Polycom sends in HD quality video to CISCO endpoints (new models).

Regards.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: