cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

I just upgrade expressway from 8.10 to 12.7 , i got Invalid release key , why it has changed the release key ????

Ibrahim Jamil
Level 6
Level 6

Hi Guys

1. I just upgrade expressway from 8.10 to 12.7 , i got Invalid release key , why it has changed the release key ????

2. what is the steps to get new release key ?

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions
14 Replies 14

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Part of doing an upgrade is doing your due diligence, and reading the documentation, this is explained in the 12.5.7 (which is what I guess you meant) release notes. It should not be a surprise.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

so why it does change the release key ????

As with any major version upgrade you would need to get appropriate license. This is the same as for other UC systems, like CUCM or CUC, but not limited to these.

As Java wrote this is very clearly stated in the release notes for the 12.x Expressway upgrade.

You will need to reach out to Cisco to get new release keys.

Response Signature

You can get new release keys through the Product Upgrade Tool.
https://upgrad.cloudapps.cisco.com/upgrad/?flow=nextgen

Thanks All , Thanks Jonathan , i marked ur as Accepted Solution to let other benefits out of it

thanks

Actually,  Expressway 12.5.7 Release notes  state: "A release key is not required to upgrade a system on X8.6.x or later software to this release (from X8.11.4 to X12.5.7 for example). This change was introduced in X12.5.4."

This is a little confusing, because it states X8.6.X+ should not require a release key, but the example it provides is from X8.11.4+

Which one is it?

Seems from OP's experience this is the latter

The release note doesn’t say “X8.11.4+” in the example, it just state X8.11.4. Nevertheless in all of the upgrades that I’ve been a part of and what the OP experienced contradict this. I’ve always had to issue a key as part of the upgrade, however I have not done any upgrades from X8.6+ to X12.5.4 or newer. The need for a new release key was changed from this release onwards. The OP did not reveal the details about the exact version that the system was upgraded to, so we wouldn’t know if this applies or not.

Response Signature

Hello Dear,
Please note, for minor upgrade you don't require any key but for major version upgarde you require key.
Ex .
Minor version x8.6 -> x8.7 -> x8.9
Major version upgrade x8.6 -> x9.0 or x12.0

Please rate useful comment.

I tried before to upgrade from 8.10 to 12.5.7 , i got Invalid release key

From where you got release key for expressway x12.5.7 ?

follow the below link posted by Jonathan for migration and eDelivery

https://upgrad.cloudapps.cisco.com/upgrad/?flow=nextgen

That's Product upgarde tool.
I doubt for wrong key but if you received incorrect key then you have to contact lisencing team licensing@cisco.com only to highlight this and get correct key for your upgarded version.

You need to upgrade In steps and make sure you upgrade Cucm at the same time. Restore your back up ( follow procedure) and then upgrade exp to X8.11.5. Making sure you make any required changes. The Upgrade , Off hand I think CUCM 11.5.(SU3). The. Upgrade Expressways. Note: Webex hybrid may require additional upgrade.

Vinod.s
Level 3
Level 3
If you have valid contract for this upgradation then please contact licensing@cisco.com , they will help you with new release key.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: