cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

If TMS server will crash and we need to rebuild new TMS server. Where we will get backup, and how to restore it.

Shree Parashar
Level 1
Level 1

If TMS server will crash and we need to rebuild new TMS server. Where we will get backup, and how to restore it.

Rdgs,

Shree Parashar

3 Replies 3

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

H Shree, welcome to Cisco Support Community!

TMS server uses a SQL data base to store all the configuration, schedule information and so on. So the main component of TMS is the SQL database. The data base of TMS can be stored locally in the Windows Server itself or in a remote SQL server (recomended). So, backing up and restoring your TMS depends upon the place where your data base is stored. For example, let's consider the two possibilities:

TMS data base stored locally

When you are a SQL server running on the Windows Server where TMS is installed, your data base will ne stored locally on the server. Then, to backup your data base, you can use the SQL Managment Tool. With this tool you can properly make backup and restore of your TMS system.

TMS data base stored remotely

If you are storing your data base remotely, you can also use SQL Managment Tool, or using command line scripts, or using another tool to backup and restore your SQL data base on the remote server.

There are too many ways to backup and restore SQL data base.

This doc describes how to backup and restore SQL data base with TMS:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-26056

Regards

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

I would say, just follow the

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-26056

document, sure the SQL server is the most imporant part, but others might be important as well,

depending on your deployment. (like opends (if used), local files, ...)

Also if you have everything on one box some other recovery options could be given,

like a restore from a full backup or via capabilities of your virtual infrastructure.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin,

I also suggested the same doc just because it also mentions another things to backup besides SQL data base.

Paulo Souza

Please rate replies and mark question as "answered" if applicable.

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".