Views
Helpful
Replies

IIS server configuration on cisco TCS

muazam ali
Level 1
Level 1

Hi All,

I am trying to configure IIS server on TCS for live streaming can any one help me how to configure this.

13 Replies 13

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Please always mention the versions you are using.

I have not used the version6, at least with version 5 it came

preconfigured so you did not had to do anything.

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/tcs/6_0/administration/guide/tcs_6_0/recording_aliases.html

If you need to integrate with an external server you find the info here:

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/conferencing/telepresence-content-server/products-installation-and-configuration-guides-list.html

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hi Martin,

Software version is 6.0, there is an option of IIS server in it, do i just need to put the IP address of IIS server and it will work?

did you check the build in, pre defined setup? Did you try to follow the manuals?

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

there is not such pre configured settings, i need to put the settings manually such as IP settings, FTP

i tried to search the manuals but i did not find any particular manual for IIS. can you please suggest me any manual.

Windows IIS on the TCS can only stream on demand videos, not live.  In order do live streaming of a recording in progress, you'll need Windows Media Services installed on the server.

As Martin has suggested (and the same holds true for TCS 6.x), you should see the following media servers and their settings preconfigured on your TCS:

Description:  Local IIS Web Server
Server type:  Web Server
Server address:  (local)

Description:  Local Windows Media Streaming Server
Server type:  Windows Media streaming server
Server address:  (local)

If you don't see the above, you could create them yourself, or use an external Windows Media Streaming server.  Using an external streaming server outside of the TCS is the recommended method anyway, as it helps reduce the load on the TCS while it's recording and transcoding files.

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the reply,

there is IIS server information in TCS as you have shared above, can you please guide me what configuration should i have to do in IIS tab.

Thanks,

You shouldn't have to do anything on the server itself, or in the preconfigured media server options I mentioned above.  But what is your end goal that you're trying to do, you mentioned "live streaming" in your original post, and IIS can't do live streaming.  For live streaming, you'll have to use either the built in Windows Media Streaming server installed on the TCS, or us an external WMS server.

Suggest you take a look at the TCS Admin Guide, as Martin has suggested, about the media server configurations starting on pg 57.

Hi Patrick,

Thanks for the reply, i just want to tell you the scenario what i want to achieve,

i want to show the live recording on my web site

for that what steps should i do? do i need to configure the IIS and windows media server both?

You'll have to use Windows Media Streaming server on the TCS.  I've never streamed a video outside of the TCS web portal, but you should be able to copy the Windows Media Streaming media server configuration that is already created for you on the TCS, and specify to use a static publishing point, and direct your website player to that publishing point.  I've never done this, but it should be possible.

Hi Parick,

So you mean to say that i would not have to do any thing in windows media settings right?

If you want your users to view the videos from the TCS web site itself, than you shouldn't have to do anything.

If you want to take the video that is generated by the TCS and streamed from the built-in WMS server onto some other external website, than you'll need to do some work.  You'll need to either edit or copy the preconfigured WMS media server configuration, and most likey setup a static live publishing point and have your external website point to that publishing point.

Hi Patrick,

Thank you so much for your information, can you please confirm me that can TCS be upgraded from windows 2008 to 2013?

Only Windows Server 2008 Standard is supported at this time.  There might be other reasons, but one that I know of is Microsoft removed support for Windows Media Streaming server on later versions of Windows after the 2008 series.