cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Implementing FindMe

Rick Matos
Level 1
Level 1

HI There, a quick question on rolling out FindMe on the VCS Control. When I turn the FindMe option key on in the VCS-C and I want to be able to route calls to an ISDN Gateway prefix, do I also need to purchase the FindMe option key for our VCS Expressway? If I have an endpoint registered to the VCS Expressway without the FindMe option key installed, can I add it as another calling device? We are looking to see if both the VCS-C and VCS-E need to have FindMe option keys or can we just get away with having the VCS-Control enabled with it.

Looking forward to some replies!!

Thanks,

Rick

2 Replies 2

Tomonori Taniguchi
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You may run FindMe service on VCS-C only.

This scenario, VCS-C will handle all FindMe user lookup and process the call with locally registered devices as well as device registered on neighbor/traversal VCS (and also device on external network/domain as well).

Please note that FindMe user that would like to configure/modify the own FindMe account must have an accessibility to VCS-C (or TMS if TMS-PE is running).

Great news, and thanks for the quick reply!

Rick

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: