cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

In-Room Control Functions

Chris Brumley
Level 1
Level 1

I am running a couple of rear monitors off the output 3 connection on a MX800 Dual. I've read through the guides and it looks like I am able to add a panel to the Touch 10 that would allow for swapping of the monitor roles on those monitors but I have been unsuccessful. I am just curious if anyone has done this or know if this is possible. I am including the code incase you notice if I have something out of place or if you just tell me this will not work.

<Extensions>

<Version>1.2</Version>

<Panel>

<Icon>Input</Icon>

<Type>InCall</Type>

<Page>

<Name>Rear Monitor</Name>

<Row>

<Name>Rear Monitor Control</Name>

<Widget>

<WidgetId>Local View</WidgetId>

<Type>Button</Type>

<Name>Local View</Name>

<Options>size=2</Options>

<Configuration>

<Video>

<Output>

<Connector item="3">

<MonitorRole>First</MonitorRole>

</Connector>

</Output>

</Video>

</Configuration>

</Widget>

<Widget>

<WidgetId>Remote View</WidgetId>

<Type>Button</Type>

<Name>Remote View</Name>

<Options>size=2</Options>

<Configuration>

<Video>

<Output>

<Connector item="3">

<MonitorRole>Second</MonitorRole>

</Connector>

</Output>

</Video>

</Configuration>

</Widget>

</Row>

</Page>

</Panel>

</Extensions>

2 Replies 2

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In-Room Controls require a third-party control system, such as Crestron or AMX for example.  The control processor monitors the event feedback from the codec when someone uses the Touch 10, based on how the control processor is programmed, it can then control things in the room, or in your case it could send a command back to the codec to change it's MonitorRole.  Refer to the MX and SX Series In-Room Control Guide (CE8.3) for more information.

Without a third-party control system, the only way to change the MonitorRole is either the web interface or API.

kozooh147
Level 1
Level 1

A month ago I did similar things with SX80 so I could show a presentation content on the screen I like. All you need is a server (I've used Ubuntu but it may be even Raspberry Pi) and a simple application which will establish SSH tunnel to a terminal and listen for events from the Touch 10 pad. My app was coded in Python using Pexpect module. If you need, I can share with you some examples so you could get a feeling for how to start.