cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

In room control (Touch 10) integration with Crestron, Extron, Amx or others.

afadeyev1
Level 1
Level 1

This question was posted before, but there was no official document for the API.

Well it's out now: http://www.cisco.com/c/dam/en/us/td/docs/telepresence/endpoint/ce81/sx-mx-in-room-control-guide-ce81.pdf

But I'm yet to see anybody made it work.

I tried with Extron controllers, but their drivers does not support this and from what I understood there is no plans to implement it.

Did anybody tried doing it on AMX, Crestron or anything open source like Android?

5 Replies 5

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I threw together something here in my office using Crestron, I'm not using any official modules though.  The program is just watching for the events as they are triggered using the Touch 10 through the SX80 serial port, and then sends out the relevant commands to a TV, nothing fancy, just a quick and dirty proof of concept really.

Exactly what I was thinking, some rudimentary control functions. Turn TV on\off, adjust volume and maybe control simple video switch. Will be a huge money saver for smaller rooms.

I don't have access to Crestron gear, but if they can do it - there are other vendors for sure.

With a small AMX/Crestron or Extron controller connected to a Bluray device, you should be able to control the Bluray (Pause,Play, etc.) from the Touch 10, no?

AMX\Crestron - probably, Extron - only if you have access to Global Scripter. Standard driver for Global Configurator is limited and cannot "recognize" feedback from Cisco codec.

So does that mean no?