cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

inbound and outbound ports for standalone telepresence unit?

baselzind
Level 6
Level 6

i have a room 55 telepresence unit which is with a multi site feature which is supposed to be set up as a standalone unit , can someone please tell me which ports through the firewall inbound and outbound im going to need to allow for  video calls?

also can someone please tell me what does the multi site feature do?

4 Replies 4

JJ77
Level 1
Level 1

Multi Site Feature- 

●  Full individual audio and video transcoding
●  H.323/SIP/VoIP in the same conference
●  Support for presentation (H.239/BFCP) from any participant at resolutions up to 3840 x 2160p5
●  Best Impression (automatic continuous presence layouts)
●  Encryption and dual stream from any site

MultiSite features
(embedded multipoint)

(optional upgrade)

●  Adaptive SIP/H.323 MultiSite:
◦   3-way resolution up to 1080p30 + content up to 4Kp5
◦   4-way resolution up to 720p30 + content up to 4Kp5

Click on following link for general network requirements - 

https://help.webex.com/en-us/WBX264/How-Do-I-Allow-Webex-Meetings-Traffic-on-My-Network

Refer to section - Default Ports used by Video Collaboration Devices:

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

@baselzind wrote:

i have a room 55 telepresence unit which is with a multi site feature which is supposed to be set up as a standalone unit , can someone please tell me which ports through the firewall inbound and outbound im going to need to allow for  video calls?

Have a look at this thread : SX20 as Standalone - even though it says it's for an SX20, it's still the same information for your Room 55.

also can someone please tell me what does the multi site feature do?

The MultiSite Option Key allows you to place more than a single video call at a time.  It allows you to dial up to three additional participants concurrently in to a single meeting.  Without this, the endpoint is only capable of making a single video call.  If you do a search in this section of the community you will see many articles about this.

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

To establish video calls with all video units (Cisco, "Polycom"., Lifesize, Zoom, PexIP etc) you will need to open up Ports 1024-65535 UDP/TCP.  Bidirectional.  If your are doing a NAT it needs to be a static NAT.  You should put the Public IP address in the ANAT area.  Put the system in Direct mode and turn off SIP.  You should probably look at your VLan settings too.  you will not be able to do SIP or H.323 calls.  You need to register to a SIP/H.3233 registrar.   You will only be able to connect via IP address.  You will not be able to dial MIJohnson@ abc.com.  You can register to Cisco Webex, for a fee, to accomplish this. and you can add in audio only calls (telephone).     

FYI:  One way video means the firewall is not open or your NAT is not right..

Multi-Site question:

The system is capable of 4 way multi-site (3 other codec's + you = total of 4 endpoints.

This is if you are connecting the calls at a resolution of 720p 30 frames (and content).  

Calls at 1080p/30 frames you can only do 3 total endpoints.