cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Inbound H323 dialling to IP through expressway

carlnewton
Level 3
Level 3

Im trying to set up inbound H323 IP Address dialling for a customer at the moment.

I dial carl.newton@135.1.1.1 (the public IP of exp-c)

However, the "calls to unknown ip addresses" should be set to "Direct" on th expressway E.

As such, it just sends the setup message back to itself and doesnt bother even looking at the search rules that would send it  to the expressway C.  it then finds its a loop and drops the call.

If i set "calls to unknown ip addresses" as "indirect" then the call works, but I think this would break OUTBOUND IP address dialling.

The only information about this parameter ive been able to find is in relation to VCS, not expressway:

http://www.ucguerrilla.com/2013/09/enabling-local-ip-address-dialing-on.html

Option 2: Treat the Remote Endpoint as "Known".

• Go to VCS Configuration > Local Zone > Subzone membership rules
  • Add a rule that specifies a subnetwork which encompasses the remote endpoint's IP address
  • Go to VCS Configuration > Dial Plan > Search Rules
  • Add a search rule with a match criteria of AnyIPAddress and a target zone of LocalZone

Problem is, that "subzone membership rule" menu doesnt exist on expressway.

How can I force expressway to consider its OWN public IP as known and search the search rules instead of routing it directly to itself?

Cheers

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

jweirick1
Level 1
Level 1

Did you set up a pre-search transform and convert it to your internal domain to route it to your Expressway-C? I don't have any experience with the Expressway platform but I do have plenty with the VCS platform and from what I have read they aren't really that different. Should look something like

Pattern Type: Regex

Pattern String: ([^@*])@135.1.1.1

Pattern Behavior: Replace

Replace String: \1@internal-domain.net

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

jweirick1
Level 1
Level 1

Did you set up a pre-search transform and convert it to your internal domain to route it to your Expressway-C? I don't have any experience with the Expressway platform but I do have plenty with the VCS platform and from what I have read they aren't really that different. Should look something like

Pattern Type: Regex

Pattern String: ([^@*])@135.1.1.1

Pattern Behavior: Replace

Replace String: \1@internal-domain.net

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

You have to dial carl.newton@Public_IP_address_of_Exp-E - not the public IP address of Exp-C. In fact, the Exp-C should not really have a public IP address.

Calls to "unknown IP addresses" should be set to "Indirect" on Exp-C and "Direct" on Exp-E.

For inbound alias@IP_address calls, create transforms as posted by jweirick1, transforming the public IP address of Exp-E to domain.

Suggest you take a look at Cisco Expressway Basic Configuration Deployment Guide - this covers Exp-C and E configuration. This particular guide is for x8.1, you'll find a list of all the configuration guides here: http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/unified-communications/expressway-series/products-installation-and-configuration-guides-list.html

/jens

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Thanks for this.

I Said expressway C but meant expressway E.  The Expressway C does not have a public IP.

I fixed this in the end by, as jweirick1 says - adding a transform to convert IP to domain.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: