Helpful
Replies

Integrating Mobile Phones with C60 Telepresence

tdunlap01
Level 1
Level 1

Good day

VTC_SystemInfo.png

As there are many manufacturers of mobile phones, I am sure that connecting anyone of them is going to have problems.  I have been running integration tests with Samsung S10, S8, and Apple iPhone 8 and an iPad Pro.

In all cases the application used to connect to the VTC is the Grandstream Wave (or GS Wave) application version 1.0.3.29 for the Android device and GS Wave version 1.2.11 (1.2.11.4). Audio connectivity on all devices is excellent.  The big issue is Video.  Both Apple devices have two way video, although I am sure the video performance needs some tweaking  All Samsung devices transmitted video is received, but NO video from the VTC is received.  Again this is probably a tweak that this required on the VTC and device settings. 

Testing is being performed over a wi-fi network.  We understand that performance will be dependent upon the characteristics of the device to VTC connection. All mobile devices are setup as follows:

Vocoder: PCMU, PCMA, G722

H.264 Image Size: VGA

Video Bitrate: 384 kbps

On the VTC:

VTC_Conf1_1.png

VTC_Conf1_2.png

Presentation channel not not used in this test. For multiple mobile phone access to a conference I selected the VGA as an average resolution.  Again, a great deal will depend on the connectivity from the mobile phone locations.  One major issue is the display of the remote phone video.  I get the impression that each of the viewing ports for a three remote feed will not adjust for the video characteristics for each feed.

Have not been able to locate any guidelines on the Internet to assist us in this project.  Can anyone provide some insight?  

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For starters, the software version you are running is ancient and subject to many security vulnerabilities.  TCNC5.1.3 was released back in June 2012.  The current (October 2019) software release for the C60 is TC7.3.19.

I'd highly recommend that you update the software on your endpoint.

Also, if you are not already aware, the Profile/C60 reach their end of support date on 31 March 2020, so they shouldn't be seen as a good long term solution, and other more recent endpoint models should be considered in the future (ie Cisco Webex Room series).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

For starters, the software version you are running is ancient and subject to many security vulnerabilities.  TCNC5.1.3 was released back in June 2012.  The current (October 2019) software release for the C60 is TC7.3.19.

I'd highly recommend that you update the software on your endpoint.

Also, if you are not already aware, the Profile/C60 reach their end of support date on 31 March 2020, so they shouldn't be seen as a good long term solution, and other more recent endpoint models should be considered in the future (ie Cisco Webex Room series).

Wayne

Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: