Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Integration: Jabber with VCSc

Hi experts,

I'm new in the world of Telepresence and I will install in a new costumer a solution with VCSc, TMS and MCU.

The costumer already has a CUCM with Jabber and they want to deploy the Jabber with VCSc, they want that for example, a Manager makes a Video Conference with other offices through your Ipad with Jabber

I didn't find a document with this configuration, someone can help me with documentation of this integration?

With their experiences with telepresence, which the complexity of this integration? Can give me highlights and attention points of this integration?

Best Regards

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In addition to what Alok suggested, there are another things you should consider:

• The recommended software version is CallManager 8.6.2  and later (you can try 8.5.1, but there is no BFCP support)
  • You have to integrate CallManager and VCS by following this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Cisco_Unified_Communications_Manager_Deployment_Guide_CUCM_8_9_and_X7-2.pdf

• In order to allow content sharing between Jabber registered to CUCM and the endpoint registered to VCS, make sure that your Jabber devices in CUCM have a SIP profile with BFCP protocol enabled, as well as the parameter "Allow presentation sharing using BFCP" set to enable.
  • If you want to schedule conferences in TMS for the Jabber registered to CUCM, you can add them to TMS as "room". By using this option, you will be able to schedule conference and control calendar (that is better than using Participant template)
  • Regarding Phonebook, maybe you are going to have some issues. If your devices registered to VCS are using device address with an alphanumeric URI, for example paulo@domain.com, you won't be able to add this contact to the Jabber clients registered to CUCM, once alphanumeric is not supported. A solution would be using device address numeric only for all devices. Regarding Jabber for Telepresence, you can set phonebooks by using TMS, in this case, you can add the contacts with no issue, either using numeric or non-numeric address.
  • If you have another endpoints registered to CUCM that will call the endpoints registered to VCS, make sure that your devices are running the compatible software versions, mainly video phones. It is highly recommended to use the latest software version.
  • Be aware that Jabber for Telepresence does not support IM, as the common Jabber supports with Presence Server

I hope this help.

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Gomes,

considering customer scenario its completely possible what actually customer is looking for.

Only two things you need to consider here.

- provisioning on VCS requires a separate option key (provisionig option key)

- Also on TMS does they have all the required licenses?

- one more important thing jabber register to CUCM is a different software then jabber for telepresence.

- you need to have sip trunk between cucm and VCS to enable the vice-versa calling.

check the below link for more details for deployment.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/tmspe/install_guide/Cisco_TMSPE_Deployment_Guide_1-1.pdf

Rgds

Alok

Hi Alok,

Thank you for the adivice!

I think that all system has your respective licenses.

The document that you sad is the jabber for telepresence, I will deploy the jabber for CUCM.

Regards

Hi Gomes,

I thought you are doing the provisioning via TMS. Anyways Paulo has added some more points which should consider for integration.

Rgds

alok

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In addition to what Alok suggested, there are another things you should consider:

• The recommended software version is CallManager 8.6.2  and later (you can try 8.5.1, but there is no BFCP support)
  • You have to integrate CallManager and VCS by following this document:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/telepresence/infrastructure/vcs/config_guide/Cisco_VCS_Cisco_Unified_Communications_Manager_Deployment_Guide_CUCM_8_9_and_X7-2.pdf

• In order to allow content sharing between Jabber registered to CUCM and the endpoint registered to VCS, make sure that your Jabber devices in CUCM have a SIP profile with BFCP protocol enabled, as well as the parameter "Allow presentation sharing using BFCP" set to enable.
  • If you want to schedule conferences in TMS for the Jabber registered to CUCM, you can add them to TMS as "room". By using this option, you will be able to schedule conference and control calendar (that is better than using Participant template)
  • Regarding Phonebook, maybe you are going to have some issues. If your devices registered to VCS are using device address with an alphanumeric URI, for example paulo@domain.com, you won't be able to add this contact to the Jabber clients registered to CUCM, once alphanumeric is not supported. A solution would be using device address numeric only for all devices. Regarding Jabber for Telepresence, you can set phonebooks by using TMS, in this case, you can add the contacts with no issue, either using numeric or non-numeric address.
  • If you have another endpoints registered to CUCM that will call the endpoints registered to VCS, make sure that your devices are running the compatible software versions, mainly video phones. It is highly recommended to use the latest software version.
  • Be aware that Jabber for Telepresence does not support IM, as the common Jabber supports with Presence Server

I hope this help.

Paulo Souza

Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".

I think thatI expressed myself badly

I will integrate the Jabber for CUCM with VCS. In this project doesn't exist jabber for telepresece

Regards

Hi Melqui, thanks for confirming that your doubt has been addressed. You are welcome!

Regards

Paulo Souza

Thank you Paulo!

One more question, this integration can be done only with CUCM 8.6 and above?

Regards

Hi Gomes,

For better interop CUCM 8.6 and above is required. It enhances the interop in multiple ways and supports features like BFCP, interop scripts etc.

so yes recommended is to have CUCM 8.6 but i have seen customer who did integration with CUCM 5.x also.

But please note if you face any issue during integration with older version TAC will suggest you to upgrade your CUCM.

Rgds

Alok

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: