cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Invalid Release Key for VCS/Expressway

Hay everyone 

If you are trying to activate a new expressway installation in 2019

all new expressway paks generate are generated for version X12.5.0 and above

so you will get Invalid Release Key if you try it for version X8.x example X8.11.4

i have opened a case with Cisco and will update you asap

i have been doing alot of troubleshooting all day and wanted to spare you guys the time and effort

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can generate your own release key for a different software version on the Product Licencing page.

See my response to a similar question in this thread: https://community.cisco.com/t5/telepresence-and-video/asks-for-new-options-key-when-update-expressway-from-8-10-to-12/m-p/3789835/highlight/true#M96562, but in your circumstance, you'd alter the "Change to" box to one of the X8.x versions you want (ie X8.11.4).

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

You can generate your own release key for a different software version on the Product Licencing page.

See my response to a similar question in this thread: https://community.cisco.com/t5/telepresence-and-video/asks-for-new-options-key-when-update-expressway-from-8-10-to-12/m-p/3789835/highlight/true#M96562, but in your circumstance, you'd alter the "Change to" box to one of the X8.x versions you want (ie X8.11.4).

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

zer0type
Level 1
Level 1
You can upgrade the server with the Invalid Release Key to version 8.11, and then to version 12.6.
The Invalid Release Key will become working.
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: