cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Invite weblink for CMS space

Stephen Carr
Level 1
Level 1

So, I've got most everything working now on my CMS setup but it seems one thing is missing from the CMS apps. When I go to a space and want to create in invite, I don't have the option for a weblink. I can copy the invitation or send an email but both of those give you a SIP address to work with. Problem is, for guests that have the full CMS client, they have to have a weblink or they can't join the meeting (the WebRTC works just fine as it gives the option to enter an ID and passcode to join) as if you click on "join call" you get the notice:

"If you have received an invitation link, click on the link again to join the call"

there is no place to just enter an ID. Seem like an oversight.

I've got the "Guest access via hyperlinks" set to allowed so not sure what else there is. Any ideas?

thanks in advance

Steve

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Sorry, I missunderstood your initial question. I was thinking you were having issues with accessing the WebRTC client at a guest, something that comes up often.

To make the link appear in the email invites, you need to enter the FQDN of the web bridge under Configuration > General in the External Access section. This must be configured through the web interface on each CMS node, as it can't be configured using the API and it's not replicated across a cluster. 

View solution in original post

13 Replies 13

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Make sure the option "Guest account client URI" contains the URL of the web bridge under Configuration > General.

thanks for the response. I'm using the API to configure the webbridge stuff (as I have two "edge" servers for HA). Each of those instance has a URL field connected to it, is that the same as the Guest account client URI or is that different then (I don't see another field in the API that may match). If not, should I use a "pool" FQDN in that field for the two "edge" servers?

Steve

It's the URI field under the /webBridges node, for every Web Bridge, you'll need to POST the address of the Web Bridge, and each Web Bridge requires a unique URL if you have more than one.

What happens if you try and configured the Web Bridge using the web interface?

I did try entering something in the web interface but nothing seemed to change (not sure whether I'd need to reset the call bridge or wb bridge processes but can test that. In the API these are the options (I have one for each "edge" server)

<webBridge id="04a751cf-72f0-4wsd-bcf2-badaf5c47cad">
    <url>https://cmsedge1.cms.domain.com</url>
    <resolveCoSpaceCallIds>true</resolveCoSpaceCallIds>
    <resolveLyncConferenceIds>true</resolveLyncConferenceIds>
    <idEntryMode>secure</idEntryMode>
    <allowWeblinkAccess>true</allowWeblinkAccess>
    <showSignIn>true</showSignIn>
</webBridge>

So, there is just a URL field, not a URI one. This is what is in the config guide:

Example:

1. Using the API on one Call Bridge, create a /webBridges/<web bridge id> node for each Web

Bridge.

a. For example, for each Web Bridge access the API as usual.

b. POST to the Call Bridge’s /webBridges node with the following values replaced by your

values – each Web Bridge requires a unique URL:

url = https://join.example.com

resolveLyncConferenceIds= true

Note: You do NOT need to sign into the Web Admin Interface Configuration > General to

configure the Guest Account Jid Domain field. This field only applies to single Web

Bridges configured via the Web Admin Interface.

I'll post if the resets change anything

Steve

well, it looks like the callbridge reset didn;'t change anything. By entering info on the "General Configuration" page it just added another web bridge link. Weird as this makes the actual clients non-usable for guest sign-ins for spaces. I must be missing something.

Steve

interesting that if I go into the API and pull out the "secret" I can then build a wenlink with that and the ID and it works just fine from a browser (IE opens the full App just fine and gets me into the correct space) I just can't do it through the App itself.

Steve

Sorry, I missunderstood your initial question. I was thinking you were having issues with accessing the WebRTC client at a guest, something that comes up often.

To make the link appear in the email invites, you need to enter the FQDN of the web bridge under Configuration > General in the External Access section. This must be configured through the web interface on each CMS node, as it can't be configured using the API and it's not replicated across a cluster. 

brilliant, that was the trick. Now I know what those "External Access" settings are for.

thanks as always

Steve

Glad you were able to get it working!

I had the same issue when I deployed CMS, as it's not documented.

How would this apply to multiple web bridges? I have multiple web bridges configured for multiple tenants.. I would not want to apply this external web link via the GUI if it will affect all tenant invites?

Hi Patrick, my guest url link, the one with the secret embedded resolves ok, however it still asks the guest to log in, here are my settings:

Guest access via ID and passcode – legacy (also tired secure and not allowed)
Guest access via hyperlinks - allowed
User sign in -allowed

Any ideas?

I replied in your other thread: CMS space guest invite requires guest to log in.

Andrei Fokin
Level 1
Level 1

Hello!

I think you need to set params nonMemberAccess true and callid <<<callid_number>>> to your coSpace over API (Postman for example) because callID need to guest access or IVR access to coSpace.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: