Views
Helpful
Replies

IP camera related configurations in Cisco Packet Tracer

kasunacrox
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I'm a network engineering final year student. My final year project consist of IP camera based surveillance system. Can anyone please guide me how to implement that one?

And is there any way to do those configurations in Cisco packet tracer software?

I have noticed there are no any IP surveillance camera in Cisco packet tracer. Can I use web cam instead?

And what are the suitable models of switches that support IP camera based video streaming which built in Cisco packet tracer?

Please Help   

2 Replies 2

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

IP Cameras are pretty simple things, whether they are Cisco branded ones, or other manufacturers.  They will generally output a video stream over RTSP to something that listens to them.   I'd recommend that you start by reading some of the installation and deployment guides for the current supported Connected Safety Products : https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/connected-safety-security/index.html#allDevices

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thank you

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: