Views
Helpful
Replies

IP dialing with '##' symbols to Polycom MUC through Expressway

Chi Fai Leung
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I want to deploy the Polycom MCU to integrate with registered Cisco VC endpoint on CUCM through VCS / Expressway.
** Call the Polycom MCU room address: 192.168.1.11##7777 (Polycom IP: 192.168.1.1 | MCU room: 7777)

Method 1: Polycom MCU registered the SIP & H323 to VCS |  registered VC endpoint to VCS > call the Local zone and Subzone membership to enter the Polycom MCU room (But it cannot accept the ## symbols to call )

Method 2:VC endpoints registered to CUCM call the 192*168*1*11**7777 through Expressway (Translate the '*' to become IP address dialing as '.' & Translate the '**' to become '##') | Or use the domain calling (7777@polycommcu.com > translate from Expressway 192.168.1.11##7777)

But I tried and the # symbols cannot be route form Expressway, that would showed the '%20%', which is the error as 'is not a matched URI schema'.

Any idea to integrate the Polycom MCU with Cisco Expressway/VCS?

10 Replies 10

Patrick Sparkman
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

## is standard to Polycom, and it won't work with Cisco products, they won't recognize it and don't know what to do when it receives it.

I would think that the Polycom MCU should be able to recognize Annex O dialing, have you tried?  What model and software version is the MCU?

Hi,

Do you mean the Polycom MCU use SIP register to VCS/CUCM? Then, how can I call to the Polycom MCU room?

Cisco products won't recognize the ## that used by Polycom systems.

If the MCU is registered to your VCS, have you tried to dial into the Polycom MCU using alias@domain, or just the alias?

What is the model and software version of the MCU, you didn't provide it?

Hi,

We are using the 'Polycom rmx 1000' and tested the SIP call to 7777@192.168.1.11, that also is fail, if the Polycom MCU is not register to VCS by SIP

You should make a H.323 call to 7777@192.168.1.11, not a SIP call.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

As said below, it is important that you understand what you are doing.

Like a friend said: "Impressive, as soon as you do it right it works" ;-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

As Patrick has suggested, you should be able to specify the Annex O dial string, so rather than dialing the Polycom format (192.168.1.11##7777), you'd dial 7777@192.168.1.11 on the Cisco equipment.

Wayne
--
Please remember to rate responses and to mark your question as answered if appropriate.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

If this is your internal enterprise setup I would anyhow look into having a proper number plan as well as URI dialing.

Look at the generic vcs documentation and deployment guides that should give you some thints.

In general you can route for example 7xxx to the MCU, then you would just need to dial

7777 on the endpoint, on h323 it would be a e164 number which then gets properly routed.

On sip it would be suffixed with your sip domain and with the right search rules also hits your MCU.

As this can be a bit complex for the forum I would recommend you ask a local consultant to review your setup.

Some training courses for you might also be handy ;-)

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

Hello, you should dial using protocol h.323 7777##@192.168.1.11

That worked for me from SX10 firmware ce9.3.0 to Polycom MGC-50

Hi Josh,
Thanks, This really works but what would be added to the dial string if somebody need to connect to a meeting room having password
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: