cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

iPhone Jabber Client

ScottWermter
Level 1
Level 1

I am not finding any information on this and searching these terms here are rough since many replies are from an iPhone and that is in the bottom of messages .

Is it possible to use the Jabber client for iPhone to connect to a telepresence meeting?  We do not have a Cisco phone system so we can not log in through that.  I want to be able to use it like the telepresence Jabber client for the pc.  Log in, call an endpoint or receive a call.                 

7 Replies 7

jcromwell
Level 1
Level 1

The iPhone Jabber app is not the same as the iPad Jabber app.  The iPad Jabber app can connect with video to conferences, but the iPhone Jabber app is for audio/presence as far as I know.

It's there some plans in the near future?

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Jabber Clients are moving towards CUCM, because there are more features on CUCM, than on VCS. There are some betas and EFT, which already support video, so it will be out in the near future.

Regards, Paul

Jens Didriksen
Level 9
Level 9

Not so much a case of Jabber moving to CUCM as to Jabber and JabberVideo merging into the one client.         

Anyways don't expect to see the iPhone and the Android version untilthe the end of the year - at the earliest - would be my guess.

/jens

Sent from Cisco Technical Support Android App

Please rate replies and mark question(s) as "answered" if applicable.

Of course the best things from Jabber Video has been moved to Jabber, but what I wanted to point out, is that in some point in the future software clients will be registered on CUCM and not any more on VCS.

Regards, Paul

just an addon:
Polycom already has an free client for iOS, which supports H323 and SIP dialing with and without registration to VCS. I think it is called polycom realpresence.

Regards, Paul
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: