cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Iphone Jabber does not support VCS (but Ipad version does)

Douglas Baggett
Level 1
Level 1

Does anybody know why the Iphone version does not support VCS but only CUCM and WebEX, but the Ipad version does support VCS in addition to the other methods?

Seems dumb unless there is some technical reason.

2 Replies 2

Martin Koch
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Possibly when the ipad version was released the iphone did not support it Hardware/CPU wise.

And at least today possibly more a political statement to concentrate on CUCM based Jabber.

I would also have liked to see this. For simple VCS based video setups the old style provisioning is

quite easy, simple and stable. But to be honest I do not see that this feature will be added to the iPhone client.

Feel free to talk to your Cisco partner or Cisco contact and give them a feedback / feature request.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

juriss
Level 1
Level 1

I am under the understanding that there are two very different Jabber platforms that have been made to look similar..

MOVI/Jabber Video for iPad

This is based on the original Movi product that Cisco aquired form Tandberg and is compatible with the following

Win XP, Win7, Win 8 in classic mode, Mac OS and IPad/IOS  (No iphone, no android, no blackberry)

It has a purple backgrounf to the icon

I believe that is version of Jabber is nearing is end of developement life... still fully supported

This can register to VCSs and managed with TMS

Jabber iPad application for use with EPA .jpg

The other platform is based on Cisco Jabber that has existed as a UC / IM client even before the Tandberg acquisition

The look and feel of this client has become virtually the same as the Movi/Jabber client

This version requires a Cisco Call Manager to function

This is advertised as the "Any Platform" Jabber client (PC, Mac, iOS, Android, Blackberry, etc)

I believe that this client is the platform of the future

We had some issues also with this... its easy to confuse the two versions on the App store and you will only see the purple Cisco Jabber Video for iPad if you are surfing the App store on an iPad

Hope this helps