cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

IPTV/StreamwWtch v3.4 Unicast RTCP - How to?

john.dean
Level 1
Level 1

Is there anyone out there who is successfully running Unicast RTCP with IPTV/StreamWatch version 3.4 or above?

Unacast is the default config starting with v3.4 and I have always had to re-enable RTCP Multicast in order for StreamWatch to funciton.

Cisco Documentation is almost non-existant on this subject...If you have it running I would like to compare notes with you.

6 Replies 6

ravi_mishra
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi John

Just try IP/TV 5.2.3 viewer with IP/TV v 3.4 server software, it will work. Also Are you trying across the LAN, I mean IP/TV viewer in same subnet as of IP/TV server should send multicast RTCP feedback to IP/TV server which is in turn received by Streamwatch.We had similar problem in Windows XP sometime back & its working with IP/TV 5.2.3 release.

Thanks

Ravi Mishra

Ravi,

Thanks for the response. I tried as you suggested and I was able to get things to work as desired.

However, there is apparently some issue between the 5.2 viewer and the Optibase video card used in the 3.4 server (or the 3.4 server itself...)

We run mpeg1 video almost exclusively. When the 5.2 viewer attempts to decode the mpeg1 stream it reports *every* a/v packet as having a bad header.

Do you use mpeg1 and/or the Optibase? Ever seen this symptom?

I am probably going to open a TAC case too. If I get a useful response I will post it.

JD

Hi john

I have never faced this problem, I am running 5.2.3 IP/TV viewer & its working fine with Optibase MPEG-1 capture stream.

I'll try to reproduce the problem, if possible.

Thanks

Ravi

Ravi,

Interestingly enough I may have come up with another useful tidbit.

When I test I usually put a password on my test programs. I do this so much that it is second nature to me - apparently in this case it is significant.

I don't get these errors with *any* codec if I don't use a password.

I get these errors on *every* program (regardless of the codec) if I do use a password.

See if you can re-create the problem by applying a password to either the program or the program channel

On 2/1/2005 Cisco released IPTV Viewer 3.5.7.1

The RTCP unicast problems I had been having were caused by CSCef28151 which is fixed in this new release.

Hi John

Basically this problem was reported for WinXP earlier,but in every IPTV deployement where ProxyARP is disbled on the router or local gateway & IP/TV server reside in diffrent subnet than IPTV viewer, you won't able to see users in Streamwatch.IPTV viewer send regular arp request to local gateway for iptv server & arp request continues to fail.

This release will rectify that problem.

Cheers

Ravi

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: