cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to intregate CTMS and Telepresence Server in a network multipoint link?

Paulo Souza
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi Friends,

I recently performed a great upgrade of a whole Cisco telepresence environment, including a lot of telerepsence components, such VCS, TP Server, TMS, CUCM, CTS 1300, CTMS, CUVC, C Series endpoint, jabber, 9900 and 8900 series video phones.

The interoperability possibilities between Cisco telepresence solutions have been improved a lot, that's why we performed the upgrade.

Now, I have just one doubt, which a I wasn't able to solve by looking in the documents and guides. I know that is possible to establish a network multipoint link between several CTMSs in order to scale the numbers of participants into the conference. This is great! But is it possible to establish a link (cascade) between CTMS (version 1.9) and TP Server (version 2.2)??

As both of them have support for TIP protocol, I think it is supossed to work, right? I tried to perform this integration, but it didn't work. TP Server recongnizes CTMS as being SIP Three screen Telepresence, I have one participant (9971 endpoint) connected to TP Server and one participante (CTS Endpoint 1.8) connected to CTMS, but I see a black screen in both participants, no audio. If the endpoints call each other directly, it works normally, because they are running new firmwares.

Is it possible to intregate CTMS and Telepresence Server in an network multipoint link?

Thank you!

Regards,

Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rafal Szeremeta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Paulo

Glad to hear that you experience is improved after upgrade to get best of interop.

Unfortunately cascading is not supported with TPS as yet. It may be included in future release in 2013.

Thank you

Rafal

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Rafal Szeremeta
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hello Paulo

Glad to hear that you experience is improved after upgrade to get best of interop.

Unfortunately cascading is not supported with TPS as yet. It may be included in future release in 2013.

Thank you

Rafal

Hi Rafal,

Thank you very much for your reply!

I will notify our clientes abot this matter.

Regards,

Paulo Souza

Paulo Souza Was my response helpful? Please rate useful replies and remember to mark any solved questions as "answered".