cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Is it possible to publish presence information for Jabber across domian?

Chris Swinney
Level 5
Level 5

Hi,

We run TMS 14.2.1, TMSPE v1, VCS x7.1

We run several VCS Controls for several organizations, which couple with potentially different VCS expressways. Whilst calling from one domain to another is fine, adding the contact for the foreign domain to you list in Jabber doesn't yield the ability to view their presence information like it does when you add a contact from your own domain. Is this possible?

Chris

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

What are your presence settings on VCS Expressway? You have to enable the presence user agent and disable the presence server, so presence requests will be forwarded and nothandled by the Expressway.

Regards, Paul

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Alok Jaiswal
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Swinster,

i would like to help you with your query but can you clairfy your deployment more with some sort of example so that it will be easy for me to understand.

are you having this different domains on the neighbour VCS ?

Rgds

Alok

What are your presence settings on VCS Expressway? You have to enable the presence user agent and disable the presence server, so presence requests will be forwarded and nothandled by the Expressway.

Regards, Paul

Sorry guys, have been out and about so only just able to reply.

To answer the questions:

Alok:

We run a network with Multiple VCS-C located in different institutions (one per institution). These peer via traversal zones to a VCS-E (say at a ratio of 10:1 - 10 VSC-C connect to 1 VCS-E), and we have several PoP each containing a VCS-E. At the moment, none of the VCS-E are neighboured with each other - they only neighbour with our national gatekeeper. We are looking to cluster in the future.

Each VCS-C hosts (in general) 1 domain, however, I am dealing with 1 VCS-C that support 2 domains. As multiple VCS-C peer to a single VCS-E, these VCS-E serve as an entry point to multiple domains, the request for which will be forwarded via different search rules.

Paul:

I thought I had - but looks as though the User Agent was switched off.

In addition, I have realised I have made a couple of other mistakes on the provisioning of users. The Main VCS-C we deal with has the FindMe option, and as such I have been using automagic Device Patterns  such as "{username}.{device.model}.{device.connectivity}@domain.com" as  part of provisioning a Jabber user. I have mistakenly copied across these patterns to the Test VCS that has no FindMe (as is the case the the vast majority of the VCS-Cs) - of course I then ran into search rule problems as registration were not the same as the actual users SIP URI used to dial. Without FIndMe, these mapping cannot complete. I have therefore set the Device Pattern in TMS to a more standard "{username}@domain.com" for the non-FindMe test VCS, and all now seems good.

Long and short, now looks to be working. Thanks for the pointers which has given me time to figure out the issue.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: