cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

is Tandberg TTC2-04 compatible with MX200 G1?

solsem1
Level 1
Level 1

Hi folks,

I have got cisco mx200 but not the server.From what I understand I need to have a VCS or CUCM server. will Cisco Tandberg TTC2-04 do as VCS? Do I need a static IP for the above to work?Is there anything else I need to have for receiving and making calls?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In short - yes, they are compatible - but it will depend on the software loads on each as to how compatible they are.

As both are end of support, it's highly recommended that you don't use them in a production environment.

The better answer would depend on what you are trying to achieve - if you just want to use the MX200 to make and receive H.323 calls, you can configure it as a standalone endpoint and not need the VCS at all.  Have a look at the SX20 as standalone thread for the settings you would need to configure to make it work this way.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

AFAIK TTC2-04 is an EOL hardware. You cannot run the latest Expressway series version   on this platform. Go for a virtual expressway. 

Whats your existing setup ?  Could you please explain bit more about your requirement.

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

Thanks for your reply. As I mentioned, I need to make video calls and receive video calls.I have got the following:
- Cisco TelePresence MX200 G1 display with the camera
- An eight-inch Cisco TelePresence Touch interface
- all the cables

Since I don't have the VCS, I can neither make nor receive video calls.
So I am wondering if Cisco Tandberg TTC2-04 can serve as VCS.

TTC2-04 & MX200 G1 both are  EOL products. You need to consider Expressway instead of VCS. 

Response Signature

Hi Nithin,

Thanks for your suggestion of Expressway.

Bt mx200 and TTC2-04 used to be your products.

So, a yes mx200 and TTC2-04  are compatible or a no mx200 and TTC2-04 are not compatible answer would suffice. 

thanks

Wayne DeNardi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

In short - yes, they are compatible - but it will depend on the software loads on each as to how compatible they are.

As both are end of support, it's highly recommended that you don't use them in a production environment.

The better answer would depend on what you are trying to achieve - if you just want to use the MX200 to make and receive H.323 calls, you can configure it as a standalone endpoint and not need the VCS at all.  Have a look at the SX20 as standalone thread for the settings you would need to configure to make it work this way.

Wayne
--
Please remember to mark helpful responses and to set your question as answered if appropriate.

Thank you Wayne. Yes, I want MX200 to be used as standalone to make and receive H.323 calls. 

Do MX200 and SX20 use the same settings when it comes to standalone use?

Yes, that is why I suggested you look at those settings.
Wayne
--
Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: